Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debworley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2009, 05:44 PM
    Odor from kitchen sink
    I have a bad odor coming from my kitchen sink. I have used vinegar and baking soda, drain cleaners and ran water. What could it be.
    Ladyviper Posts: 221, Reputation: 36

Jun 16, 2009, 05:58 PM
    Just a sink or is there a disposal? If there isn't a disposal, you probably want to talk to a plumbing expert here, maybe there is some sort of issue with the sewer backing up or something. Just find someone in the plumbing area and send them a message.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 16, 2009, 08:26 PM

Answer Ladyvipers questions. The receipe is 1/2 cup baking soda plus 1/2 cuo table salt mixed and dumped into the drain followed by a cup of vinegar. Allow to soak over night and then flush with two large, very hot buckets of water. Is that what you did, it should clean out the sink and would work on a disposal but you must then treat each drain equally. For disposers I also periodically dump a half gallon of ice withwater running full blast and then turn on the disposl.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 17, 2009, 05:44 AM
    Just find someone in the plumbing area and send them a message.
    Hey Lady! We're in th plumbing area, send us the message. Everybody's got a favorite recipe for flushing out a smelly drain. Mine is bleach.
    Dump a 1/2 gallon of bleach down the drain and let it set overnight. Next morning flush out the drain with two large pans of boiling water.
    For the disposal; after the ice, cut a lemon into quarters and run them through the disposal. Everything smell sweeter now? Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Odor coming from under Kitchen sink [ 73 Answers ]

I have noticed an odor coming from the cabinets where the kitchen sink is. I have looked for any leaks where the sink is, but have not found any. Could the odor be coming from the sewage? How can I tell? If so, then what can I do to get rid of it? Any help would be a appreciated. Thanks.

Sewage odor comes from the kitchen sink. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have this foul odor coming from the sink once or twice a day. What can I do> The garbage disposal is new! Thnak you.

Very strong Kitchen sink odor [ 64 Answers ]

Hello We live in a 5th floor apartment and ever since we have moved in there has been a very strong odor coming from the kitchen sink. We don't have a disposal. It smells like sewer and seems to start when hot water is ran down the sink. But then, other times it will be very strong first thing...

Odor coming from kitchen sink [ 3 Answers ]

There is a sewer gas smell coming from my kitchen sink. When I first bought the house the washer backed up and the rotor-rooter guy said that the main drain has two large pipes coming into it at the same place and not to run the dishwasher and washer at the same time. Would weekly applications of a...

How do I get rid of kitchen sink odor? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get rid of midew in the kitchen sink?

View more questions Search