Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pssmadison Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2009, 05:16 PM
    Overhead garage door opener model 45A
    I have a overhead door model 45A it opens the door fine, but slides back about a foot after its opened. When trying to close the motor hums but won't engage to close. Any hints on adjusting it to correct problem? Thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2009, 07:59 AM

Is the trolly all the way engaged? And try with trolly disengaged.
    When it slips back a foot, does chain move with it?
    kjambug Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2010, 03:30 PM
    Do you have a remote for yours that has dip switches? I have one and can't find the switch codes for my replacement remote. Would you happen to know the code?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2010, 07:08 PM

KJAMBUG. Make the DIP switch on the receiver match the transmitter. Should work if the frequencies are the same.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overhead Door garage door opener light just blinks? [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: My 15 y/o Overhead Door (brand) garage door opener was working fine opening & closing until a few days ago. It has very low usage because I mostly park my car outside the garage door. Now when I press the remote control w/ new battery OR the hard wired wall switch, the light on the...

Overhead Door garage door opener [ 1 Answers ]

Model 45A. 1/4 hp. Chain drive. Plugged in but not working at the switch or by remote. Light does not come on either. Is there anything I can check or do I need a technician?

Can not find model # for garage door opener and need tgo reset password [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Craftsman Keyless Garage Door Opener that we do not know the entry code to and do not have the manual ( just bought the home) I have looked EVERYWHERE for the type of opener and any other numbers on the keypad to help me reset it and nothing works. The only set of number I have are...

View more questions Search