Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CHUCKMASAD Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2009, 03:15 PM
    Chid support at age 18
    My child is 18 and graduating high school. He plans to go to college, does child support continue?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2009, 03:17 PM

What does your court order say? It should say in there when support is supposed to stop.

p.s. please don't start multiple threads for the same issue.
    And also, please pay attention to which board you are posting on. This should have been posted in the family law forum. :)
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/childr...st-364261.html
    Ladyviper Posts: 221, Reputation: 36

Jun 16, 2009, 03:24 PM

Typically the stop age is 18, however in Illinois the court may make provisions for expenses whether the child is minority or majority. Some states have laws holding the non-custodial parent obligated for education expenses, some states don't. Check out the laws for your state or you can check this link, however I don't know how accurate it is.

Child Support - Child Support And College Tuition

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chid support at age 18 [ 1 Answers ]

Child support at age 18

This Is His 4th chid, will we recive child support? [ 2 Answers ]

The father of my new born child is already paying child support for two other children from his last marriage He already has custody of one of them. Since he is already paying for those childern were will my son stand. Will he be left out. Will this effect the other children's income from which...

Chid abonment [ 2 Answers ]

We are being advise to abonden our 14 yr old adoptive daughter so the state of Fl can put in foster care. All we want is help with the volence ( she abuse the father and abuse the mother by hitting both) In in Fl there no servicees for parents. Or rights they much rather put in foster care and...

Chid visitation [ 3 Answers ]

In Ohio at what age can a child decide not to visit a parent?

Chid visitation [ 1 Answers ]

I have a child who is in protective service and my visits have been stopped because there mother has alleged that the child may not be mine... the cps worker has done this at my ex girlfriend urging... the question is that this chid has my name and I am listed on the birthcertificateas father... do...

View more questions Search