Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SoloMe Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2009, 01:21 PM
    Letter of release from IRS, then another totally different!
    Hopefully SOMEONE can help. I have a tax issue for over 25 years due to old business related taxes, which there's no way I can pay. 2 weeks ago the IRS sends me a letter saying I was "released with no further action to be taken". Yesterday, I get 2 statements completely contradicting what the original letter said.

DO I have legal recourse since I'm in possession of a letter indicating I was released before I got the others??

Thanks.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 16, 2009, 01:29 PM
    Look at the dates of the respective letters.

If your release letter is dated LATER than the other two letters, then it takes precedence of the other two statements.

If not, then call the IRS using the number on the release letter and ASK about the other two statements.

On second thought, you had better call the IRS in any event, because the other two statements MAY be addressing a different tax matter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sample letter of release of probation [ 1 Answers ]

I have done all that was ask of me by the court and po office. But now I need to write a letter to the judge, requesting early release for my probation. I'm having a hard time putting my thoughts into a letter. Any ideas? Also does anyone know anything about SIS. Like how they work, will my charges...

How do you write a letter for early release from work release program [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to compose a letter for a friend that has been in a work release program since July and he wants to try for early release in order to help his mom who lost her husband a couple of days prior to his incarceration.

Sample letter for early release from probation [ 1 Answers ]

Need sample letter fro early release from probation

Commitment letter given & contract of buy is signed, can denial letter make/break? [ 4 Answers ]

My parents "were" in the process of selling their home. The buyers had gotten approved for the loan and signed the contract to close on the house. They put down 1/2 of their down payment as one of two. The second payment would be transferred at closing. The shady buyers decided they...

Release to another state from Iowa work release [ 5 Answers ]

My dad put in a transfer to Florida as he is in Iowa work release about a month ago, how long should it take? I can't wait to see him... They said Des Moines already approved it... Please help Sheena:confused:

View more questions Search