Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommyjess Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2009, 08:28 AM
    Ovarian Cyst
    My friend has an ovarian cyst, is it cancerous?
    Megan2345 Posts: 239, Reputation: 8

Jun 16, 2009, 09:26 AM

Not Necessarily. Cysts are fairly common. They usually go away on there own. Sometimes surgery is needed. Only a doctor can tell her if it's cancerous, by doing a biopsy.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2009, 09:32 AM

Hi there mommyjess! Welcome to AMHD! :)

Maybe your question is better suited there:

Women's Health - Ask Me Help Desk
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2009, 03:32 PM

Hi, mommyjess!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this forum topic area so that it will get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

It can be a little confusing when first learning how to use this site! Your question will get noticed much more in this forum topic area.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

I do note, that you already received a couple of responses while your question was in Introductions.

Thanks!
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2009, 04:58 PM

Ovarian cyst a very normal and they vary in size, there are 3 types of cyst and they can contain either water, blood or they can also be cancers. You would need to visit your doc and have an ultrasound to have a look at them if they are disrupting your quality of life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Septated Ovarian Cyst [ 3 Answers ]

I have been bleeding since March 28 - at times VERY heavy, and have sharp pain on my left side. An ultrasound indicated a septated ovarian cyst on my left ovary. I spoke with the surgeon at my GYN office and he indicated a hysterectomy would be indicated (I cannot take BCP due to other medical...

Pregnant or ovarian cyst [ 1 Answers ]

My last period was 8/28/07.I asked my endo for serum hcg test( Im a diabetic) but test was negative,my period are not irregular they are every 26days, still have no period until today, I had some bleeding even had to use a pad,I had some discomfort and some cramping, but then its stopped and no...

Ovarian Cyst [ 3 Answers ]

Well I was just diagonosed with an ovarian cyst...and the doctor said that it has already ruptured...does anyone know if this could cause a problem getting pregnant?:confused: ..or if this is something I should be really worried about?:( ..One doctor told me that after it ruptured the pain should...

View more questions Search