Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ishian Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2009, 11:47 PM
    I haven't had my period in 3 months
    I'm 27 and I was on depo provera for 3 months then I stopped getting it and 4 months later I still have not gotten my period. I've been on Depo before and nothing like this has happened, help!
    cmbrown Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2009, 11:01 AM

That's what happens to a lot of women on Depo Provera. One of the main side effects is that your period will stop. If there's any chance you could be pregnant (like if you were late getting your follow-up shot) see your doctor. Otherwise, enjoy not having that monthly hassle. As a side note, be sure to take a calcium supplement while you're on Depo Provera - it causes bone loss.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2009, 11:07 AM

It may take a few months for your cycle to normalize after coming off Depo. But I'd suggest a follow-up appt with your gyno to be sure that everything is OK.
    felgar Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Jun 21, 2009, 05:39 AM
    Do you go for food suplements? I know of a product in liquid form that is truly effective in cases like yours. I have introduced the product to my friends with similar problems and they were happy with the result. My family and I use it too regularly. I will tell you more about the product if you are interested.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 months no period [ 4 Answers ]

My last period was nearly 4 months ago. I have done 2 pregnancy tests and both were negative. I had light spotting once in the last 3 months. I have period like cramps almost constantly and my moods are all over the place. I really don't know what to do. :( Any ideas?

I haven't had a period in like 4 months [ 5 Answers ]

I am 13, 14 in August. I'm not sure how long it's been exactly, but I know it's been TOO long. I don't even know when my last period was. I remember being rushed to the ER for severe abdominal pain, and they said I had just ovulated. (what a waste of 1,000 bucks, lol) I think I had just gotten off...

2 months with no period? [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my husband have been trying to have a baby for about a year now I already have two boys that I gave birth to before I was even 18... I have always have my period at least once a month weather I was stressed or not but it has been 2months and still no period I have taking like 10 HPT and they...

No period for months now period stopped [ 7 Answers ]

I haven't had a regular period since April and now its July. My last regular period was in the end of April of this yr. then in may there was nothing. No discharge of any kind no nothing last month; in June in the 20's all I had was a brown discharge and some streaks of blood towards the end. Now...

View more questions Search