Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2009, 06:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lmnotok View Post
    Thanks everyone. You really helped me.

So i've been thinking and decided to talk to him yesterday. Everything was good. We didnt need a break and he apologized. And i also talked about the "ex". For the first time i felt good to tell him what i really think/feel about his ex. He said "cool, im gonna delete everything related to her because there's really nothing to do with her anymore, i dont even care if she lives or dies".

Thats cool but somehow i still feel jealous at girls who stare at my bf. And it sucks :((
    Like I said before and you should re read my advice. Please seek out counseling to work through your personal issues. These are personal issues that you need to stop pushing on your boyfriend. There not his issues but your issues.

Who cares if a girl looks at him or he looks at a girl. Does not mean that he is going to be with anybody else. He is with you.

You are very controlling and the controlling issues come out large when your breaking up over him getting drunk.

Why do you have such huge control issues? Is it your upbringing? I would guess it is.

The thing is in a relationship it is give and take and both sides should be understanding. It should not always be one sided. Or this relationship will not last.

You have jealousy issues you need to find out where all these issues are coming from, or stemming from.

You need to stop this or you will ruin your relationship for good. Your lucky he himself has not decided to call it quits, he must really love you to go through this crap with you.

Please do the right thing and work on these things so this relationship does grow and you learn to. In order, to open communication in this relationship you have to be able to learn to communicate and share your feelings with each other and also hear him and not be so demanding.

Best of luck and wishes to you and your boyfriend. In this experience called relationship.
    lmnotok Posts: 217, Reputation: 37

Jun 18, 2009, 06:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kctiger View Post
    I have a hard time wondering why he cannot have his ex's name in his contact list. If I dated you and you threw a fit like this, I would have kicked you to the curb (once again, if I am missing something I am sorry). You ask way too much and you seem like a controlling person.
    I didn't ask him to delete this contact. I just said I felt jealous. He himself chose to do that. And your accusing me for being controlling?

What is that that's deeper than jealousy?
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2009, 06:36 AM

You got jealous over an ex being in his contacts list. Are you serious? Then, you took a "break" because of this? I mean, am I missing something? The general consensus on this board is that you have serious issues that need to be worked out. He chose to do that because you freaked out, I don't blame him.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2009, 07:11 AM

No offense, but I highly doubt he CHOSE to do it. He just figured "I better delete this contact or I will hear the non stop nagging because it's in there. I have tons of names in my phonebook that I don't talk to, some are exes or people I've hooked up with. I don't talk to them but I am too lazy to go through my phone and worry about it.

Aug 13, 2009, 02:29 AM

Thank you all. I think I had enough of myself. I've been pushing wayyyyy too much.

Update:

So I met her (his ex) at a cinema, she said hi to him but not me while I was right there beside him and then nothing. She was kind of flirty and I hate that . I bite him so hard as I hated that during the film. So when we got out of that cinema, headed to the elevator, he looked at her (I gues I would do the same if I met my exbf), guess what??

I SLAPPED ON HIS FACE!! Goddamn it! I couldn't believe I did it IN FRONT OF EVERYONE. And of course she saw it too. Then I left. He ran after me, trying to explain that he didn't intend to see her, it was just because he never wanted me to face her, so he had to make sure which way she went so that he can avoid... blah blah blah. I didn't want to hear anything. I just went away pretty fast. I said "ok then go back to see her, bastard". He tried to explain over again and tried to sooth me. I was actually amazed by how he behaves. I thought he would yell at me or something similar since I embarrassed him so much. He was actually quite nice to me and acted like he did something wrong. I felt worse. I apologized him and he just said "well, i hope you never do it again. Ok just forget it. I love you, remember that. She meant nothing to me, nothing at all."

I felt ashamed and didn't pick up his calls for 2 days. After that things were fine until last night. I questioned him why his parents never care if he dates anyone. I find it ridiculous and assumed that he's not serious about me. He said that's nonsense, they only want to know when he tells them he's going to get married. ITs ridiculous, don't you think?
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2009, 02:40 AM

You have some serious issues.slapping people s just not on.and you need to ask yourself where the jealousy and insecurity are coming from.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 13, 2009, 05:38 AM

I think your way out of line, both in your reactions, and expectations. Why are you worried about what goes on between him, and his parents? That's ridicules.

You need a very potent chill pill.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 10:47 AM

You have a very dangerous anger problem that you need to face. He's got more patience than I do, I would have dropped your arse after the phone incident, and then smacking him in the face for looking. Is he supposed to walk around with his head down and answer "yes master"

GROW UP!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 11:05 AM

Wow. I really think you should look into counseling. Your insecurities and jealousy are not something that is just going to go away without some serious help. You slapped your boyfriend for LOOKING at his ex girlfriend. If I slapped my boyfriend every time he LOOKED at another girl his face would be red forever. It's ridiculous to expect him to never look at anyone else, it's natural. You can't expect him to close his eyes or only stare at you just because she is around. It's not like you walked in on them together. How old are you anyway?
    paxe Posts: 793, Reputation: 158

Aug 13, 2009, 11:45 AM

WOW YOU HAVE SOME SERIOUS PROBLEM!! For your own sake and for his own sake, break up with him. He needs someone MUCH better than you.

Seriously, are you even using your head? Are you thinking? If any girl was like that to me I would have slapped her back under the anger. Not only you need a therapist, you need a team of therapist. It seems you haven't evolved from an animal to a human being.

You are ridiculous and you need to CHANGE. Shame on you! Leave the poor man alone.

Aug 13, 2009, 08:19 PM

I know, I felt so ashamed. So I went to my doctor yesterday for therapy. Hopefully things are going to be all right soon.

I actually asked for a break since I felt he deserved someone better. He said don't be childish, people don't break up for such a reason...

I don't really know what to do with this man. I obviously want to be by myself as I think it will help me grow up more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

He only wants to have sex when drunk? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, everyone. This is my first time posting on here and I normally don't tell strangers about my problems but I figured it would be easier to do this and get unbiased advice. I have been dating my boyfriend for close to three years and living with him for a little over a year. We have had...

Drunk sex [ 11 Answers ]

I saw my boyfriend having sex with another women in my car. He was drunk and don't remember what happened. Before this we were the perfect couple and he loved the ground I walked on. He said he is sorry for what he has done and he hates himself and will do anything for another chance. He has got...

The Drunk [ 1 Answers ]

A completely inebriated man walked into a bar and, after staring for some time at the only woman seated at the bar, walked over to her, placed his hand up her skirt and began fondling her. She jumped up and slapped him silly. He immediately apologized and explained, "I'm sorry. I thought you...

The Drunk in Bar [ 3 Answers ]

A drunk gets up from the bar and heads for the restroom. A few minutes later, a loud, bloodcurdling scream is heard. A few minutes after that, another loud scream reverberates through the bar. The bartender goes to investigate why the drunk is screaming. "What's all the screaming about in there?...

He only has sex when he is drunk. [ 10 Answers ]

I have been with my bofriend for about five years. He will only have sex when he has been drinking and 90 percent of the time it is me satisfying him. This problem has been here since the start of our relationship I can only remember us once at the start giving equal sex to each other with him...

View more questions Search