Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kevmcler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2006, 12:08 AM
    Wireless
    My dell latitude laptop works perfectly everywhere but in my home... I recently had comcast high speed internet installed. I can access the internet through cable... but my wirelss connections shows little or no connectivity and when I try to effect a repair it fails because it can't "renew my ip address" Please Help
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 11, 2006, 06:31 AM
    Do you have a wireless router at home? Have you check that its configured properly, with security etc.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2006, 06:43 AM
    Also what's the setup - i.e. Where in the house is your wireless router/access point and where are you using the laptop. Wireless connections don't tend to work terribly well though lots of walls etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless and non wireless connections [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I have a laptop from my employer to use at home and at work. At work it is networked via a wireless connection and broadband Internet access is via this network. I took it home and set up the connection to work with my own ISP (NTL) and that worked fine. The problem comes when I take it...

PC to laptop wireless [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought a laptop with wireless capabilities ( HP winxp) and would like to set up a wireless connection with my PC ( winXP). I bought and installed a wireless DSL gateway( ActionTec) which I've installed and set up on my PC. However my laptop is not receiving any signal ( or so it seems). ...

Wireless connection [ 2 Answers ]

I am considering buying notebook that has wireless capability. The problem is my old 7 year old computer. The router I was considering has a larger telephone connection than my DSL ordinary telephone size connection. Would an adaptor solve the problem and what is required after plugging in?

View more questions Search