Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fshay1 Posts: 23, Reputation: 4

Oct 10, 2006, 08:47 PM
    Tough one... maybe...
    This may be a tough one. I have a Florida drivers license. While on my honeymoon in Maui I got a DUI. I lost my driving privileges initially for one year but we got it down to 90 days. I currently live in San Diego, CA. My question is how do I get my license reinstated after the 90 days is up. I should probably just ask how much to send everyone involved! Lol! If anyone is familiar with this process would you please fill me in! Thanks!
    -Frank
    72redlevite Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2006, 10:21 PM
    Let me know if you already have your answer.

This one could be tricky.

How long were you in Maui?
    Which court system told you, you have a one year suspension?

Oct 11, 2006, 08:32 AM
    I just found out for sure that my suspension was reduced and have just started researching what's next. We lived in Maui for three months. The incident happened in Maui and the court there imposed the suspension. I was under the impression that Florida was notified and they actually suspended my license. My lawyer went to a DMV hearing in Maui to have the initial one year suspension reduced to 90 days.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 11, 2006, 10:22 AM
    Send a letter to the DMV in Fl and ask if your license is now under suspension and what to do when the suspension lifts.

If you are now living in CA, just walk into a DMV office and apply for a CA license (though I would wait until after the 90 days is up).
    SSchultz0956 Posts: 121, Reputation: 10

Oct 11, 2006, 10:53 AM
    Personally, I'd go apply for a license in CA right now. If they mess up and don't notice your suspension you can't get in trouble for that because it was their error. It doesn't always work, but I do know that sometimes you get lucky. Just don't get another DUI.

Oct 11, 2006, 12:12 PM
    I was going to contact the DMV in Florida and ask what to do. But I am thinking if they don't know about it, then I'm not telling them! Although I'm pretty sure they do.
    As far as applying here, they WILL ask about my previous license(s) and I don't think I want to compound my problems with "perjury". In spite of the bad person stigmatism attached with a DUI, I am an honest upstanding citizen type.

A note to SSchultz0956. This event has really screwed up my life and others lives, too.

BETTER ADVICE IS NOT DON'T GET ANOTHER DUI BUT DEFINATELY.... DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 11, 2006, 12:24 PM
    The CA DMV will check with FL. I would definitely mention it when you apply for a CA license.

Oct 11, 2006, 04:14 PM
    Okay thanks! I am going to check with the CA DMV. I will contact Florida if I NEED to. Meanwhile, if anyone out there has had a similar experience, I would really appreciate your input!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tough, Tough, Sport. Respect Is Due [ 2 Answers ]

This sport is very tough. I have always had much respect for triathletes. I would love to discuss the sport further with the athletes themselves.

This may be a tough one [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I'm not too sure what the song is about or how some of the lyrics go but I know it has "mashadamio" in it. I'm not sure if I spelt it right but it means sweetheart, but if anybody knows what song has "mashadamio" in it, it would be great help, and if I can get more info on it I'll be...

Tough Love? [ 63 Answers ]

Recently we have seen many younger posters take exception to the blunt language or criticism of some of the answers to there post. My question is should we as experts be able to tell it like it is or down tone our opinions to accommodate their sensibilities? My opinion is that whatever answers...

Ohh please help with this tough one [ 1 Answers ]

The song is heard on alternative/rock radio stations. Its about all these different women and the way they like it. The 'singer' is mostly just speaking the song not singing. I can try to come up with more details if needed. Thanks John

View more questions Search