Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrwyattspops Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2009, 05:49 PM
    when he cries. Too much
    with an 8 week old baby, whom is mostly a pleasure to have, begins his nightly cranky routine. 7 pm rolls around and my poor breast feeding wife and I are looking for the culprit who swapped my child with a grizzly bear. Fearing for our lives and sanity we give in to all his wishes; feeding into exaustion until "bed time", holding and talking to the darling being careful not to take our eyes off him or else... and I mean not to take our eyes off him. We must be looking directly in his face and talking to him for him to be happy. He fusses and cries and the dishes and chores stack up. I work nights at a local ER and my wife is here alone with him through this fiasco. I guess what I'm asking is.. is it OK for my 8 week old to be put down (clean and fed) to fuss as long as he will, while we do other things that need doing? (dishes laundry eating sweeping vaccuuming ect)? He's 8 weeks, I don't want him to think were jerks before he's a teenager. We hold him when we can but at night he eats more than I do and close to every hour or so = lots of diapers.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2009, 05:55 PM

Yes, it's OK.

As long as you've made sure his needs have been met, it's OK to let him cry it out from time to time.

At that age, babies have no other way of burning off their energy so they cry. It's normal. Just make sure that they are clean, dry, and full. Then it's OK to walk away.

It's hard at first but you'll soon see it's just part of his pattern. Plus letting him cry from time to time teaches him how to self-soothe so he can get himself back to sleep if he wakes up.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2009, 06:02 PM
    Most babies have a "crazy hour" by 12 weeks they tend to grow out of it! Hang in there!! Sorry for the caps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Dog Cries all night in Crete [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 10 week old puppy that cries all night in the crete. I have taken him for walks, he plays with the other dog, he should be tired. But 4 am roles around and he is still screaming. When we first got him for about the last week we had him sleeping in our bed so I think he got used to...

Gramdma cries [ 2 Answers ]

OK, I live with my daughter and granddaughter have been for over for years now ,well my daughter met this guy a year ago and started going out and staying out for days at a time drinking a lot partying. Well about four months ago this guy moves in in and takes control of a lot of things ,this...

Won't eat and Cries all night [ 3 Answers ]

My roommates and I recently got an 8 week old kitten from some neighbors. She is very cute, but we are worried that something might be wrong with her. We have all never had a kitten before. Our kitten won't eat the food that we bought her. (the only thing that we have gotten her to "eat" is some...

Dog Cries when Pooping [ 1 Answers ]

I have a two year old lab/terrior mix and for the last few days she cries when she poops. Can anyone tell me why? Sincerely, Case7280

View more questions Search