Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    giffordslater Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2009, 04:20 AM
    Climbing Half Dome in Yosemite
    How does this experience compare to, let's say, climbing Mt.Washington in New Hampshire? I went to a web page and saw people clinging on to a cable, some appeared in plain hiking shoes too. Looks dangerous. Where can I sign up for a group that would go together, and is there outdoor camping or cabins? Anyone have insight into going to Yosemite and the conditions for entering the park to see Half Dome? Looks interesting.:cool:
    Alyeska Posts: 44, Reputation: 0

Jul 23, 2009, 02:42 PM

http://www.thecaliforniahikingpage.c.../halfdome.html
    Hope this helps you!
    dano808080 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2010, 05:00 PM
    It's a tough all day hike, sunrise to sunset. You need to be young (20s, 30s) or in good shape or both.

Sneakers are not advised--people do it, but people also die there. Wear some boots with a grip to them on rocks. Bring plenty of water--it's a long hike. Take your time and enjoy the top when you get there. Leave early to avoid the noon and afternoon crowds waiting in line to go up the ladders.

If you climb on the weekend in summer, you need to reserve a spot from the Park Service Rangers in Yosemite. Go to the NPS website at nps.gov/yose for details.

I highly recommend it.

Never been to Mt. Washington--understand you can drive to the top?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Snakes Climbing [ 9 Answers ]

Can snakes climb up a flat surface like the side of a brick house? My husband says yes. I claim no. Help us out!

70's-80's Half Real/Half Cartoon movie about a Girl and a Dolphin [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am desperate to remember a movie from my childhood. The movie could have been anywhere between the 1970's -Early 1990's. But I believe I saw it in the 80's. It was one of those half real/half cartoon movies. All I remember is a girl who is transformed into a cartoon and she is...

70's or 80's half animated half real movie [ 6 Answers ]

I remember that cartoon/ movie I used 2 watch all the time. I don't remember title anymore. A boy of 11/12 talks with a friend on the phone, his mom goes 2 work. Suddenly a big red box with a ribbon appears in his room. He unpack it, and there is somekind of car ramp and little red cabrio. He gets...

Tree Climbing [ 4 Answers ]

I'd like to know a simple way to get a rope over high branches, say 60-80 feet high. Any ideas ?

Preventing walking pests from climbing legged furnatures [ 4 Answers ]

How do I preventing walking pests (e.g. ants) from climbing legged furnatures (table)? Would rubbing some petroleum jelly on the lower portion of the table prevent the ants from climbing?

View more questions Search