Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allshookup Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2006, 03:40 PM
    Smoky mower
    Hi,
    We just replaced the blade on our riding lawnmower, so it was tipped over for days while we found one to fit. When we tipped it back over, there was an oil leakage. Now, when we start it, thick smoke comes out. He says it's "flooded" but doesn't know what to do. Any help? Thanks,
    Jessica
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2006, 08:51 PM
    Never flip them on the side... use ramps or take the deck off...

Check the air filter... if it has oil on it, replace it..

Check the oil and make sure its right at the full mark.

What has happened is oil has surely gotten into the carb, (if flipped towards the carb) and is more then likely on the air filter and into the muffler... how long have you run it? Usually a few minutes if they run, they clear up.
    allshookup Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2006, 09:39 AM
    Well, he drove a couple circles in the yard and it was still smoky. The next step is replacing the air filter, like you said, thank you!
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2006, 01:16 AM
    So it was still smoky after filter replaced? OR no?

There is a slight possibility of gas in the oil as well.. but that's slight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Simplicity mower [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a simplicity mower would like to know the year of. The mfg # 909234 ser # 012052.

Lawn mower help [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 18.5 poulan pro 42" 2 years old. It will start but no matter what I do it kills, like hitting the kill switch. If I let out the clutch, even in neutral it kills. Engage blades or anything it kills. And the weirdest thing is that the kill switch in the seat doesn't kill it. I really...

Mower trouble [ 3 Answers ]

:p I really hate mowers. My mom just bought a new oldish riding lawn mower. Once we got a new battery it ran great the only problem was that the blade wasn't cutting but we got that problem solved. :o :o we just had to apply the attachment clutch. After that it was running great then it ran out...

Mower trouble [ 3 Answers ]

I have a masport Tecumseh mower model number TVS90 43754P.It starts but revs up and down then conks out I've changed the paper filter and empted the fuel tank and put clean unleaded fuel back in any information on what would make it to do this would be great :confused:

View more questions Search