Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smallishlyn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2009, 02:01 PM
    How can I get my dog to put on weight
    Hi everyone I wonder if anyone can help me I have a 4 year old german shephard he is a great dog but is under weight we have had him for a couple of months now and nothing we do seems to help can anyone give me any advice.

Thanks in advance
    albre2252 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2009, 03:21 PM

You should get the dogs checked for worms also a good idea to mix the canned meat food and the dry food and you could feed it puppy food because it's higher in calories
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 13, 2009, 06:29 PM
    A vet check is definitely your first step. Worms, other parasites, digestive tract problems, even too much or a lack of exercise could contribute to low weight. Some dogs, just like some people, are naturally skinny. If there's no medical issues then we can discuss types and amounts of food and exercise.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2009, 05:33 AM
    Chances are, what you really need to do is leave well enough alone. Some shepherds like showing off their ribs. For more on this, see my sticky.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cardio vs weight training-which is more effective for quick weight loss? [ 4 Answers ]

I know most everyone makes a big deal about the "fat burning" cardio, but I also know that having a high % of lean muscle bumps up the metabolism, and burns fat faster. If you're working out hard with the weights, you are getting the old heart pumping too. What would be a good regimen for someone...

Weight: amt of matter in object is weight. True or false [ 8 Answers ]

Is the answer false because that is mass

Your Starting Weight & Goal Weight [ 8 Answers ]

There have been lots of threads related to weight loss. Some members have realistic goals for slimming down, some people aspire to shed those extra pounds at hurricane speeds, and some are interested in weight maintenance and overall health. This post is dedicated to all of you. What is your...

Weight loss and weight training [ 5 Answers ]

I need to lose 12 to 14 pounds I gained during the past months as a result of anxiety and not having the time to work out. I used to be fashion model thin, probably because of genes, but after having to eat precious little during a long stay in Thailand, I couldnīt eat the food there - I got...

View more questions Search