Connecting thermostat
    How to connect new thermostat to existing one
    terryfla1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2009, 11:41 AM
    How to connect new thermostat to an exsisting unit
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2009, 01:05 PM

Give us some info about what you have in the way of an AC, is it a heat pump or just AC do you have a gas furnace.

What color are the wires you have to connect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacement of Carrier Heat Pump Thermostat with Honeywell TH6000 series thermostat. [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Series 50QT Electric heat pump that still uses the original non programmable thermostat. I am trying to replace it with Honeywell TH6000 series programmable thermostat. The wiring on the existing Thermostat as follows: O - White, I am thinking this is the Reversing Valve? Y...

Connecting Hunter Model 44110 Digital Thermostat [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 15 year old house, with an original heating/AC system. I hoped to connect a new Hunter 5+2 model 44110 digital thermostat, but have run across one problem. The old Trane Thermostat has this information on it - Model AY28X105 30Volts A.C. 1.5 AMP with 5 wires, labelled G, Y, W, R, 2...

Connecting pellet stove to thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to connect a honeywell CT87k to a pellet stove. There are only two wires coming from the pellet sove. When I connect the red to red and white to white nothing happens. Connect the red to red and white to yellow the unit will not shut off. I don't know what setting should I use on the...

Connecting a 24v ac thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

So I'm trying to help my ant hook up a new thermostat. To tell you the truth I don't know the brand of it. All I know is that it has R C W Y G I only have R W Y G wires coming out. I think I need one more wire to connect to the T'stat for the display to come on since its powere by 24v ac. Do I...

View more questions Search