Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Jun 13, 2009, 09:44 AM
    Simple divorce in Florida
    Okay, I have some money, so I want to divorce my husband. He is a prisoner with a sentence of life w/o possibility of parole.
    We have no kids, no real assests, and any property of his that I have has no real value, I.E. paperbacks, VCR tapes, etc.

According to my county's clerk of courts website, to file a simple divorce, both parties must file and be present at any hearings. I don't think that's possible.
    What can I do?
    Also, I want to keep my personal information (address, phone#,) away from him if I can. Can I do that too?
    Thanks for your assistance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 13, 2009, 11:00 AM

Your soon to be ex can sign all of the paper work while in prison, and should be able to sign a waiver or appearance for court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Florida divorce alimony laws [ 3 Answers ]

How long do you have to be married in Florida to be eligible for alimony?

Married in Florida moving to N.C with children (divorce) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi We have not filed for any legal documents yet (divorce). Can I get into trouble for moving myself and my kids out of state to separate fro mtheir father? We are moving from Florida to N.C. The kids were born before the marriage but they are his kids. Can he force me to return legally with the...

Divorce needed quick and simple [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know where to get the form I need to fill out for a divorce in Arkansas. I have been separated from my husband for over a year .I moved out when I found out that he was seeing some one else and he got fired from his job and had no desire to find another one. I was not about to support him...

Florida Divorce/USMC in Iraq [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend just got divorced January 19, 2007 in FLORIDA, he is a US Marine that has been put threw the ringer, He is in Iraq right now so I'm trying to help him out. In his "final judgment of dissolution of marriage" it states specifically: Pursuant to the Marital Settlement Agreement,The...

Need Info On A Quick Divorce! In Florida [ 2 Answers ]

After 29 yrs together we have decided to get a divorce, kids are all over 20 yrs old an gone. I own a house and a couple of cars. Can this be a mess or simple task? Can i just file myself without spending a lot of money? Bob::confused: [email protected]

View more questions Search