Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toonytrolly Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2009, 07:51 PM
    12 year old in need of online job.
    Hi, so I'm using my sister's account, but I'm twelve, turning 13 next year. I just got out of school and my parents are low on money. I really want to be able to support my family, but it needs to be a stay-at-home job. I know a little HTML, a little about computers, I could be a proofreader for articles, or a tutor in math or english (and much more). I'm NOT useless. If you mention a job, or you know someone who could help me, do tell. :confused: Please help!
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jun 12, 2009, 11:22 PM

Online jobs are difficult to come by. As far as tutoring, that might not be a bad idea. Spread the word around school and with teachers that you are willing to tutor students. Make sure to contact parents or have your parents contact parents before accepting money.

What state do you live in?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2009, 12:00 AM

What about babysitting? Any young kids in your neighborhood? Or even maybe in your family?
    toonytrolly Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2009, 02:51 PM

I repeat, it needs to be a STAY-AT-HOME job. My parent's CANNOT pay me because we are low on money. If you're going to answer me, answer me with some sense of what I'm asking.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 13, 2009, 03:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by toonytrolly View Post
    I repeat, it needs to be a STAY-AT-HOME job. My parent's CANNOT pay me because we are low on money. If you're going to answer me, answer me with some sense of what I'm asking.
    Is there a community college or even a four-year college nearby? A high school with summer school? What about typing papers for students and include extra charges for proofreading and editing? This can all be done via phone and computer. Contact the schools and/or teachers.

You might have a problem because of your age, but your writing here seems above reproach for the most part. A teacher could test you via email or PMs to find out if you can do the work.

You can easily start a PayPal account and have the payments deposited there. You can do this and never have to leave your house or even meet these people in real life. (I wrote and got four books published without ever traveling to the CA publisher's office or meeting my editor.)
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2009, 03:11 PM

Knock it off with the attitude. I re-read the posts. No one said anything about jobs that required your parents to pay you or for you to leave your house. If people want to be tutored by you, there's no reason they can't come to your house. And if people want you to babysit there's no reason they can't leave their kid(s) at your house for a couple hours (unless there's some reason you didn't mention). And I said in your neighborhood. If I needed money, I wouldn't mind walking a few houses down to babysit. Before I got my license I'd have people I was babysitting for pick me up and drop me off so I could sit for them.
    albre2252 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2009, 03:54 PM

It's going to be hard to find one but it's possible you should look into online surveys but most survey sites are unreliable one is global test market.I'm sure you can find a couple online magizines who would need a writer or a contributor.you just got to do some web research but you will find something.I think I just found you something try bloggerjobs.biz hope this helps
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jun 14, 2009, 06:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by toonytrolly View Post
    Don't be rude. You obviously misunderstood what was said. Who said anything about your parents paying you for anything. We are talking about tutoring or babysitting IN YOUR HOME. You are too young in most places to get a real job. Do you have your parent's permission to even get a job?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 11:25 PM

First of all, being 13, you can't really do much of a job... as much as you may know about HTML-ing or computers, you just don't have enough experience to prove yourself. I know it sounds harsh, but it's true. Is there a way you can possibly mow lawns, help neighbors clean out their garage, or do other chores? I know you said you have to "stay at home"... but could you possibly stay "around your home?"

As you said, tutoring for your friends should work beautifully... but as far as transcription, online editing, etc... I don't know that many people that trust 13 year olds to do things like that.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 11:25 PM
    Crap... didn't know this thread was last month. Thanks a lot vijishnu with your Indian ad.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 8, 2009, 11:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny View Post
    crap...didn't know this thread was last month. thanks a lot vijishnu with your Indian ad.
    I reported him.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 8, 2009, 11:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I reported him.
    Ditto. :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 19, 2010, 11:17 AM

Closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

IRS response to FICA withheld for spouse (F1) last year & Filing jointly this year [ 4 Answers ]

Your Question Was: Dear Sir Madam I am a Resident alien for tax purposes for 2008. My wife is a Nonresident alien (F1 visa) for 2008. We have decided to take the choice of filing jointly and treat her as a Resident alien for tax purposes. Her FICA taxes were not withheld during 2008. In the IRS...

My two year old needs a root canal and crowns, is anestesia safe for a two year old? [ 10 Answers ]

:confused:my two year old is needing a root canal and four crowns on her front teeth but the part I am worried about is they said she would have to be put to sleep. I am very worried about this, is it even safe for a child this young? What are the risks? She doesn't have any breathing problems...

I met a guy online about a year ago . [ 7 Answers ]

I have a? I met a guy online about a year ago and we were both in relationships and I did the big girl thing and stopped talking to him. Delt with my issues. Now I am single I looked him up and he is still in this relationship and has admitted to having several affairs since I stopped talking to...

6-year Indian Student, 1040EZ but claiming social security taxes from 5th year. [ 3 Answers ]

I've been in the States since 2001 (F-1 undergrad, then 1 year of F-1 OPT, and now with a new F-1 for grad school), 6 years so far and all at the same university in NYC. This will be my first year filing the 1040EZ, and I have a few Q's... Four questions: * Is the 1040EZ form the...

View more questions Search