Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MonsterCookie17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2009, 01:08 PM
    How to explain this poem
    Uhm, hey there everyone. I wanted to ask for your help, I was assigned by our teacher to explain this poem, I just wanted to ask for your opinion about this poem, I mean can you explain it in your own words in every line and then its overall message. Actually I already finished explaining it in my own words, I just wanted to know your opinion toward this poem, in case I missed something about the message of the poem, or I can also add your opinions in my explanation (its a plus in my grade then haha).
    So, here's the poem :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would rather be poor and free... than be a comfortable slave
    I would rather be foolish and free.. than an indoctrinated slave
    I would rather be prepared and free.. than a mercenary slave
    I would rather be parochial and free.. than a cosmopolitan slave
    I would rather be hungry and free.. than a suckling slave
    I would rather be jobless and free... than a bureaucratic slave.
    I would rather be dead and free.. than a subsisting slave.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking forward to your responses. :D
    God Bless <3
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2009, 08:06 PM

Hi, MonsterCookie17!

How about you post here what you've already come up with for the explanations for us to review?

We do help people with homework on this site. But, the keyword here is "help". We don't directly answer homework questions for students here. If we did, how would that be helping them to learn how to come up with the answers themselves?

If you use this site to get help with your homework, please do take some time to come up with and post what you think might be the answers yourself. If you do that, it's likely that you'll have someone very knowledgeable about whatever subject who'll be willing to discuss with you how and why your answers are correct or incorrect.

Please also read the expectations concerning the posting of homework questions that can be found via clicking on the following link.

Ask Me Help Desk - Announcements in Forum : Homework Help

Thanks!

Thanks!
    John_nev Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2011, 08:13 AM
    It's interesting! That you don't give the right answer but give the right directions for students, I like the idea!
    Thank you | <a href="http://avi-player.org/">avi player</a>
    suzi002 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2012, 11:59 PM
    This is an interesting way to explain.
    http://applereleases.net

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

BSL poem [ 4 Answers ]

Heard quite a few things about breed specific the last few day on this site so I wrote a poem. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on it: Loyal, loving and unjudging Might I add never grudging Always there To help you through despair Through thick in thin They will and always have...

Who is the author of a poem and what is the complete poem? [ 1 Answers ]

I remember part of a poem but cannot remember the author. The parts I somewhat remember are this: I have often wondered at the epitaph that was written for me, A boat with furled sail at rest in a harbor. In truth it pictures not my destination but my life. For love was offered me but I shrank...

Poem about my dog [ 1 Answers ]

The poem is called my unsung hero, and he really is! My Unsung Hero I have an unsung hero A near and dear best friend And although everyone else around me leaves I take comfort in knowing he'll be with me 'til the end Its him who keeps me together

What do you think of my poem [ 8 Answers ]

I know where I am, I know where I'm going, I just hope I won't reep, This that I'm sewing, I know that'll Be there, I know that there, They'll care. I know it will be tough, And that I've had it rough,

Poem [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone explain this poem? A morning-glory at my window satisfies me more than the metaphysics of book

View more questions Search