Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kpetko Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2009, 11:21 AM
    Dtv converter hookup
    I have dish network with a hd receiver, I also have a dvd player hooked up to my TV. Everything is working fine right now with the June 12 conversion but on occasion, I want to swith to my antenna that the TV is also hooked up to. I will do this if I lose dish during a storm. I have looked everywhere to find out how to hook this up, between the receiver and dvd or dvd and TV
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

Jun 12, 2009, 05:35 PM
    If you have a high definition TV/HDTV (instead of a "high definition ready" TV), why would you want a standard definition converter? Most late model TVs have ATSC tuners you can attach an antenna directly to and display the programming in the resolution your local broadcaster is providing it in. All of the converters eligible for the US coupon program are specifically prohibited from having any sort of high definition outputs. Genuine external high definition tuners are a different type of equipment which are not as broadly available and probably more expensive (lower sales volumes leave fewer units sold to recover design and development costs).

Your HD satellite receiver should be connected to one of your TV's high definition inputs like HDMI or component video. Many DVD players feature component outputs which theoretically provide a picture superior to composite (but still standard definition 480p). Some DVD playerss will process the image for higher definition images. In either case, someone who insists on using a low resolution source like the coupon eligible converters should still have free composite and/or NTSC RF inputs on their television. If you are already using the component inputs for other devices check video game dealers and other consumer electronic retailers for switch boxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

TV converter box [ 7 Answers ]

I recently hooked up a new converter box to my TV that has an outside antenna. Trying to get ready for next years digital/analog conversion. The picture is great and all was hoooked up correct. However, I get a lot of choppy pictures, where picture seems to break up a lot. Is this in the new...

Rar converter [ 2 Answers ]

How do I coverte rar files to mp3?

Mp3 to wav & Wav to mp3 converter [ 2 Answers ]

Can any body tells me where I can find the free full version of Mp3 to wav and wav to mp3 converter. Thanks..

DVD Converter [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am in search of free software to convert DVD to mpeg, that or other video formats. Can anybody please tell me where the software will be available? -Kishore

DVD to MP3 converter [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I want a good DVD to MP3 converter. Please send me a link

View more questions Search