Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashley velez Posts: 67, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2009, 09:18 AM
    Copy/Restore Databases in SQL*PLUS
    A customer of mine is running a different installation of Oracle(9)than I have seen. Usually I see SQL Developer installed, which is a GUI very similar to MS SQL Server Management Studio, but this customer doesn't seem to have that. I need to copy one database to another. Can I do that using SQL PLUS? Alternative method, Can I restore a database in SQL PLUS using a back up from another database? If so how exactly do I do that? What commands do I type?
    BASIC11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2009, 12:15 PM
    Yes, you may use SQL Plus assuming you have an account with privileges on the source database. Have you tried Oracle's imp/exp command? The exp command will export the database to a flat file. Then you may use that exported file to do an import on your source server/pc.
    DavieOrnikston Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2013, 02:01 PM
    You can also restore sql databases applying professional recovery tool

More important information you may dig at ms sql mdf fix

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MySQL Databases [ 3 Answers ]

I'm cleaning up my website accounts. I use cPanel. I have a list of databases, some of which I'm sure I'm not using... Clearly I've not been smart about naming some of them... How can I verify what the databases are for? Yep, I'm a dummy. Am I making sense?

Databases and mySQL what? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I want to make an interactive website and for me to do that I need to understand the world of databases in other words mySQL or SQL don’t really know anything about the subject. Actually I don’t really know why I have to use a database for my interactive website at all… For example I want...

System restore - unable to restore [ 2 Answers ]

I have tried to use the system restore. It keeps coming back cannot be restored. I have created a date and then tried to restore and still says it is unable to restore. Any suggestions?

Access databases [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone know of any good sites with sample databses?

View more questions Search