Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigboy123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2009, 03:30 AM
    Wrongly accused and arrested at work for stealing money
    Good day

I was accused by my general manager for having stolen R3000(rands),after receiving payment from a client and sighning his invoice I informed my supervior on duty that I had received the payment,the following day was my off day no report or investigation had been made regards stolen money.I was shocked when I went back to work and my general manager claimed that I had stolen my cash up,no internal investigation was done,he called the police and I was arrested.

A family member had to ask for a bank loan for me to pay bail the same night and to pay a large sum of money to pay a good lawyer s I could not afford.after charges were dropped they took me back at work under a final warning.At the moment I am suffering paying back the bank loan and no one trusts me at work anymore.PLease help me as to how I can resolve this issue and if I can sue my general manager for any damages..
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2009, 05:43 AM

Hello b:

If they took you back at work, you really have no damages except the embarrassment, and that's not worth anything.

But, they DO realize that they made a mistake, so they SHOULD pay your legal expenses. If they don't, you MAY win them if you sued them in small claims court (if your country has them), but you'll lose your job for sure then.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

American stealing money from a Canadian [ 8 Answers ]

I live in Canada. My friend invited her boyfriend from the States up here for the summer, and he ended up stealing a total of almost a thousand dollars from different people before taking off back home. He stole $300 from me. I am just wondering if I have any options? I know exactly where he...

Getting accused of stealing [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so I'm a former employee of a gas station here in Indiana. They are saying that I stole 240.00 dollars when I only stole 40.00. Ive worked there for about 3 mnths. They say that I had the money in my hand and walked off where the camera's couldn't see me and never walked back in with the money....

Daughter stealing money and checks. [ 16 Answers ]

My daughter ( 20 years old )has managed to steal thousands of dollars in cash I had locked in a safe. She promised that it would never happen again, and she would repay it. That was five months ago and now I just discovered she has take a book of my checks and written checks for thousands more. The...

Stealing money from bank account [ 3 Answers ]

Recently someone I know took money from my mothers checking account via using her debit card... This happened in July of this year, 2007... He had promised to start paying the money back and has yet to do so... Is there an SOL for him in the state of Florida as I want to file charges against him......

Stealing money, theft under 5000 [ 3 Answers ]

Im a 19 year old student that was charged today with theft under 5000. I told a girl to take money and she put it in my sweater and it was all recorded on video survillence. I had a previous run in with the law for theft also, but the officer told me to do some community service hours. I'm in...

View more questions Search