Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gayathri96 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2009, 11:38 PM
    Could this be a miscarriage?
    Hi evry1,
    I'm having unprotected sex with my husband from the last month. My last period was on may 9th. This month I should have my period on 6th or 7th as mine is 27 day cycle. But I had spotting the day before yesterday night(10th) and very slight bleeding with abdominal cramps from yesterday morning till evening. All of a sudden I had more cramps and heavy bleeding and then a lump of tissue(not a blood clot) which is pinkish in colour expelled from my vagina when I used the toilet. After that I felt little dizzy and severely exhausted. The bleeding reduced to my normal menstrual amount by night. But I had slight headache, lower back ache and periodical cramps. Could this be miscarriage and could the lump be aborted embryo? Please help me out...
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2009, 01:21 PM

It's possible, although you wouldn't see much at just a few weeks.

It could also be part of the lining of the uterus as well and just an off period, which sometimes happens. Beside blood when you have your period, you are also losing mucus, tissue, and clots with the lining of your uterus.
    gayathri96 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2009, 01:42 AM
    I do shed the uterine lining during my periods.But this looked different. I tried to open the lump with a toothpick and opened up into a pink thick layer. Though it's not a planned pregnancy I really got depressed because I love babies!! Right now I'm not having any problems except for mild abdominal cramps and slight bleeding. If it was my menses I would have cramps only on the first day. In my post I mentioned that I've been intimate with my husband from 1 month. But its actually 1 1/2 month. I got married 3 months ago. Anyway thanks for answering my question. I would be happy if you could advise me more about this. I'm really concerned.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2009, 03:32 AM

If you wanted to try and find out you could see your doctor about a pregnancy blood test to see if your hcg (a hormone which increases in early pregnancy) level is up. It often will remain elevated for a short time after a miscarriage. It is unlikely you kept the tissue, but that can be another way for the doctor to determine it.

Many women will have a miscarriage and never even know it because it happens very early, they never knew they were pregnant to begin with, and it seems very much like their period. Often the embryo would not have developed properly and nothing could have been done to prevent the miscarriage.

It may or may not have been a miscarriage... could very well be just an off period, but since you are wondering about it, it would be a good idea to see your doctor, have an exam, and share your concerns.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Threatened miscarriage or misdiagnosed miscarriage? [ 3 Answers ]

I've just recently found out I was pregnant, my period was NOT late yet, but I had light spotting and had high hopes so I took a cheap hpt and it showed up positive(My LMP was 10/20/08). The following day I went to the woman's clinic, I was confirmed pregnant. My OBGYN sent me to a lab for blood...

Possible Miscarriage [ 2 Answers ]

I'am 4-5 weeks pregnant and have been experiencing upper abdominal cramping for the last few hours (much like constipation; I feel bloated and haven't been able to do much in the bathroom besides urinate----if you know what I mean). It is tolerable, by that, I mean it is not intense pain. I just...

Trying to conceive after miscarriage [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone I suffered a miscarriage at 11 weeks in January. I just got my first normal period after almost 8 weeks. I am now waiting for another normal period or two and then I want to trying to conceive again. I am taking 400 mc/g of follic acid, but what other things should I be doing to...

Could this have been a miscarriage? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just had a short question about a miscarriage.Well about a year ago one day I was laying down so my stomach started to cramp.So I went to the bathroom where I noticed some spotting.So I did not think anything of it.But then all of a sudden my stomach started to cramp really bad on my left...

Could I be having a miscarriage [ 2 Answers ]

I am 11 weeks pregnant, but have started losing brown discharge. I have been like this for 2 days. It has'nt got any worse and I don't have any pains. Could this mean I am miscarrying:(

View more questions Search