Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Green Elephant Posts: 106, Reputation: 8

Jun 11, 2009, 05:27 PM
    Web Hosting.
    I'm starting a website for my band that would be very simple. All we really want is the band name, the symbol, and a screen that would play scenes from a short video we created.

I'm very new to creating a website so I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for who I should have host this sight. We already have the domain, I'm just looking for a cheap/reliable host that I could have the name, symbol, and this video play on with no other adds.

Thank you!
    WebsiteSolution Posts: 85, Reputation: 10

Jun 16, 2009, 06:38 AM

I use 1and1.com. They will host/transfer your domain name for free with each hosting package. They also have templates available if you want to design the site yourself.

If you need a web designer, check us out at uoneu.com.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2009, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by WebsiteSolution View Post
    If you need a web designer, check us out at uoneu.com.
    You are a web designer and that is your site? You'd better have a look at it in Firefox. I wouldn't say that it's your best sales tool.
    FrankZ Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jul 2, 2009, 10:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Elephant View Post
    I'm starting a website for my band that would be very simple. All we really want is the band name, the symbol, and a screen that would play scenes from a short video we created.

I'm very new to creating a website so I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for who i should have host this sight. We already have the domain, I'm just looking for a cheap/reliable host that I could have the name, symbol, and this video play on with no other adds.

Thank you!
    I would get a shared hosting account with Server Intellect then ask them to install Graffiti CMS which is content management system. Kind of like word press but better. Then you can add your own pages update when ever you want and maintain your site as needed. Very simple easy to use. It is all web based so you don't need any skills building a site.
    Tonchy Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

May 20, 2010, 04:38 AM

Before choosing host, do check user reviews about hosting companies you consider. Also check if these hosts offer all the features you'll need to build and maintain your website. It should have support for rich content (that video) and for CMS in which you'll build website. You can check this poll to see whom other webmasters consider to be best hosting companies.
    ahtivas Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2010, 05:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Elephant View Post

I'm very new to creating a website so I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for who i should have host this sight. We already have the domain, I'm just looking for a cheap/reliable host that I could have the name, symbol, and this video play on with no other adds.

Thank you!
    I think, for Hosting provided by Hiox India will suit. They provide good, reliable and quality hosting at cheap and affordable rates. Hope this can serve your need. Web Hosting India, Domain Registration at Cheap Server Rates

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

New to web hosting [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, Since I'm new to web technology , can any tell me how to host a site. I have created a small application using asp.net which runs in my local.

Free web hosting [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everybody, Can anybody tell me a website which provide free web hosting? I want to upload my website's file from my computer. I donot want to use any site builder or something like that. I create a webpage myself using Microsoft Frontpage, and want to show people. So mention me those...

Web hosting [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am setting up a home based business, and looking into setting up a web page to sell my products. Any ideas what to look for in choosing for a web host? Ta.

I'm hosting alone [ 2 Answers ]

I am hosting a baby shower for my sister in law, I only know a few of her girls friends, and no one has offered to help me host. It is going to be a very large party as it is a co-ed party. Is it rude to ask someone if they would like to help me?

Dns hosting? [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me What is the deference between domains with "dns hosthing" or without.

View more questions Search