Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Belle River 123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2009, 02:46 PM
    Warm water from cold water taps
    We have warm water coming out of our cold water taps for about 10 seconds. Happens in all the taps. Sometimes run out of hot water after 1 or two loads of laundry. We've had the hot water tank checked and they say the tank is fine, but it's a splitter on one of our single handle faucets. All but one of our faucets is single handle. We don't want to replace them all, so how do we tell which one may be the faulty one?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 12, 2009, 06:44 AM
    It might not be a crossconnection in your faucet. Put your hand on the cold water pipe feeding your water heater and tell me how far the warmth runs on the pipe. This is called convection and you could be pulling this back into your cold water system.
    Let me know, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water coming out of Cold water taps [ 1 Answers ]

We just had our master bath remodeled. We had a new tub faucet put in, new shower head and handle, and tile. After the plumber installed the bathtub faucet and the shower assembly we noticed that our cold water taps in our dual vanity sink and the tub now run hot water for about a minute then...

Hot water is coming from cold water taps [ 1 Answers ]

Warm water is coming from cold taps with thermostat mixer installed in bath tub of the same bathroom

Hot water comes out of cold water taps [ 2 Answers ]

About 2 weeks ago, when I turn on the cold water tap in my upstairs and downstairs bathroom the water comes out super hot for about a minute or so and then starts getting cold. I have had no plumbing work done, no hoses crossed, etc. Here's a few other things I've noticed....

Radiators hot but hot water from taps luke warm [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, First of all I am novice.. a real novice when it comes to plumbing, so please be easy on me :) I hope someone can shed some light on this weird problem. I have a conventional boiler with a hot water tank in the bathroom and 2 tanks in the loft. The radiators in the house are fine, they...

View more questions Search