Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mjcfrst1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2009, 01:48 PM
    Goals for employment
    What are your short term and long term goals
    mjcfrst1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2009, 01:53 PM

If on a job interview and asked what are your long and short term goals what is the best answer to give
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2009, 01:54 PM

I would say, my short terms goals are to learn more about the company and become not only an efficient worker but one that sticks out from the group. My long term goals are to grow with the company.

Something like that...

Sarah
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2009, 10:17 PM

Hi, mjcfrst1!

What type of job is this for, please? How a person answers might depend on the type of job for which this is concerning.

Thanks!
    chuks Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2009, 07:29 PM

Briefly describe your ideal job as a pipe fitter?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 17, 2009, 07:34 PM

What are YOUR goals, what my goals are may not be your goals, part of the issue with a interview is to see if you fit the job.

If your goal is to be a VP of customer relations but most employees stay with this company 20 years and there are never promotions, you may not be a fit.

If earning money to support your family is your short term goal, then that is what it is.
    chuks Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2009, 07:37 PM

Hi,
    Briefly describe your ideal job as a pipe fitter?
    Linda Griffin Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Jun 18, 2009, 08:23 AM

To answer this question, you must give some thought to the job position and your experience level. If you're interviewing for an entry level job, your short term goals should focus on getting up to speed and becoming a strong contributor in a short period. When you respond in this manner, it gives you the opportunity to ask the interviewer some additional questions about training, whether you will be working with another team member, etc.
    I would keep your long term goals to no more than 2 years. It's too hard to predict what might happen to the company or your interests and capabilities beyond that timeframe. Think about where you would like to be in 24 months as it relates to your skills and contribution and respond accordingly.
    I have a webinar series coming up that may interest you as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Most goals [ 4 Answers ]

Which english player has scored the most goals in english league football?

Business goals [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know what kinds of short long term goals to set for my mail package and supply business

Goals not working out. [ 5 Answers ]

I hope this is not a stupid post... with the obvious answer of work hard toward your goals, and success will come to you... I feel that I do work very hard, but have changed my goals numerous times because of setbacks which make it seem that continuing with the same goal would only amount to...

Goals [ 3 Answers ]

What are some goals that you would want to achieve in baskteball?

View more questions Search