Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Anna_marie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2009, 10:34 AM
    What is the maximum distance between earth and jupiter
    Can someone please tell me what the maximum distance is between earth and jupiter? I have looked online and the answers seem to range from 816 million km to 968 million km. Cheers Anna
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2009, 10:39 AM

If the answers range from 816 million to 968 million Km, it seems that the maximum distance must be close to 968 million Km :D:D

Is this something that you're supposed to calculate or just something to look up?
    Anna_marie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2009, 11:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Perito View Post
    If the answers range from 816 million to 968 million Km, it seems that the maximum distance must be close to 968 million Km :D:D

Is this something that you're supposed to calculate or just something to look up?
    I need to work out the angular size of jupiter as seen from earth at its min and max
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2009, 11:19 AM
    I'd probably work out a range of values. The difference may be very small at the longer distances. If I were an astronomer, I'm sure I could calculate it (but I'm not).
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2009, 01:21 AM

816 million km is the furthest that jupiter gets from the sun. Add onto that the furthest that the earth gets from the sun, 152 million km, and you get the furthest distance between the Earth and Jupiter, 968 million km. Of course the planets have to be in the perfect places for this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Distance between earth and a galaxy [ 4 Answers ]

How is the distance between Earth/Milky Way and another galaxy measured? This came up reading an article about identifing galaxies that are very far from Earth. I understand that the Doppler effect can be used to measure the speed a galaxy/star is moving in relation to Earth by calculations of...

Light years from earth to jupiter [ 3 Answers ]

How many light years are there from the earth to jupiter

Maximum distance from sink to p trap [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, What should the maximum distance be from the bottom of the sink to the p trap. If I stay within this distance is there any problem installing a p trap below floor level? I want to do this because of space limitations when installing a pedestal type sink. Thanks, Tom

Distance galaxy to earth [ 2 Answers ]

Speed of light is 3,00,000km per second and it takes four years to reach on earth from glaxy.please let me know the distance between earth and galaxy.

Rate at which moon obits the earth assuming distance between moon and earth is 382,00 [ 3 Answers ]

What is the rate that the moon orbits the earth assuming the distance between the moon and the earth is 382,000,000 meters. Should I derive from Distance=RatexTime?

View more questions Search