Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wrongman Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2009, 12:18 AM
    Is my marriage legal
    My husbands best man signed my marriage cert in another mans name is this fraud my husband knew of this and what can I do
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 11, 2009, 04:58 AM

I don't think the signing by your best man with a different name is of any importance at all. It would be though if your hubby had signed it differently.

Tick
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2009, 06:50 AM

Well, aside from your husband's best man being guilty of perjury (a felony in many states), the certificate is still legal and so is your marriage.

WHY did they do it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal Marriage [ 1 Answers ]

I got married in the bahamas is it legal in the US?:confused:

Is marriage legal ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, If both spouses got married in the US and they were non US Citizen at that time of marriage, is the marriage legal ? Tks/D.

Marriage and legal citizenship [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are supposed to be getting married feb 14 2009. He is from jamaica and came here on a track scholarship. He has been married twice both ending in less than a year. He keeps all of his legal paperwork in his car that I do not have access to. He also tells me that after we get...

How to get legal after marriage [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I got married three years ago and we hesitated to act on getting legal because people say its hard to get papers these days? What should I do and where should I begin? I am a US citizen and my husband is not and without papers her in america.

View more questions Search