Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brayg41 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2009, 05:10 PM
    Native American Silver Hallmarks
    What Native American silversmith uses DS as a hallmark?
    Ladyviper Posts: 221, Reputation: 36

Jun 10, 2009, 06:33 PM

This is a quote I found at a website, it could be Darrell Sakeva... read on

"I'm guessing it's fairly modern and Hopi. The marks are similar to those used on Hopi pieces although my copy of Hopi silver, the history and hallmarks of Hopi silversmithing by Margaret Nickelson Wright does not list SD. Closest is DS (same letterform) for Darrell Sakeva from the Corn clan,
    Shungopavi village who began working in 1993." Mystery Marks
    jojar7 Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Sep 25, 2009, 12:44 PM
    It's william singer
    jonimccoy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2010, 09:28 AM

I have a silver and Black stone... onyx or obsidian... bolo. The eagles head is the black stone. The mark on the back is:
    J (some kind of corn/maize symbol) and an H. Letters are shaped into an oval around the symbol. Does anyone have a clue if this is mexican or native american silver maker?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Identify Native American jewelry hallmarks [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to find information on Mary B Smith with an upward pointing arrow beneath her name and another artist signed as IHMSS with a W that is underlined beneath the initials. Both items are sterling silver bolo ties. Mary Smith has a turquoise carved frog in the center and the IHMSS piece is...

Native american hallmarks [ 2 Answers ]

I have been trying to find a list of native american jewelry hallmarks so that I can identify the mark on a brooch that I aqquired. Any help would be appreciated

Native American Silver Ring No Marks [ 11 Answers ]

I was told this ring was very old, does anyone know what tribe or the poss. Designer could be. Thanks http:/convert.neevia.com/completed.asp?cID=b5fe3247-1d66-444e-a6f8-f457a1922569 http://convert.neevia.com/completed.asp?cID=b5fe3247-1d66-444e-a6f8-f457a1922569

Native american art [ 1 Answers ]

All my sacred ways is a water color by Jonny Hawks is it worth any thing?

View more questions Search