Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    latinaNluv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2006, 09:35 PM
    Birth control and Pregnancy
    I've been married now for over 3 years and my husband and I have had talks about starting a family. Last year, I got off the birth controls and for about 4 months had no period and then all of a sudden I had painful, heavy periods for over 2 months. So I got back on the pills. So we decided that its time for me to really get off the birth control and with that outcome I've been off them for a little over 2 months and we have been trying to get pregnant. Then recently I start bleeding but it isn't normal for me it's a light spotting type of bleeding(In other words not normal for me at all) and I've been having it like that for about a week now. I took a pregnancy test the day before I started bleeding and it came out negative. So I was wondering if you could point me in some type of direction and your thoughts on this. I would appreciate it.

Jackie
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 10, 2006, 12:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by latinaNluv
    I've been married now for over 3 years and my husband and I have had talks about starting a family. Last year, I got off of the birth controls and for about 4 months had no period and then all of a sudden I had painful, heavy periods for over 2 months. So I got back on the pills. So we decided that its time for me to really get off of the birth control and with that outcome I've been off of them for a little over 2 months and we have been trying to get pregnant. Then recently I start bleeding but it isn't normal for me its a light spotting type of bleeding(In other words not normal for me at all) and I've been having it like that for about a week now. I took a pregnancy test the day before I started bleeding and it came out negative. So I was wondering if you could point me in some type of direction and your thoughts on this. I would appreciate it.

Jackie
    It all depends on the kind of pill you were using and your individual body. It can take some up to a year to be able to become pregnant.

Once your periods become regular it will be easier to determine when you ovulate.

So, don't stress out, that is not a good thing. The less stress, the easier it is to get pregnant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth control pills [ 5 Answers ]

I was using birth control pills(CONTRACEPTIVE LD, Ethinyl Estradiol 0.03 Levonorgestrel 0.15 ) for 8months,on 8th months time I start had brown discharge,I went to doctor,doctor said maybe is infection OR pills is not good for you anymore so doctor gave me cream for infection & new birth control...

Bleeding during birth control [ 4 Answers ]

I have a question regarding bleeding during birth control. I have been on the pill for over 7 years for endometriosis. I have always had regular periods while on the pill and have always been on the same kind, never switching brands. Right now I have about half done my pack of pills and a I...

Birth Control: [ 61 Answers ]

What is God's will regarding the use of birth control? HANK :)

Birth Control [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if you have been taking birth control for a really long time and you think you might be pregnant. Could the birth control screw up the results?

Men's Birth Control [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I wonder if someone can answer my question about Men's Birth Control, as far as I heard, now adays there are ways other than use of contraceptive techniques I mean by surgery, so how true is that? Thanks in advance

View more questions Search