Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fitzpitz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2009, 10:48 AM
    No money to get tooth pulled and a false tooth then needed
    I have a tooth that needs to be pulled and I will need a false tooth. I do not have dental insurance. The tooth will cost about 300.00. Is there dental insurance that I can get that will pay for this procedure now or will I have to wait until I have had the insurance for a while?
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2009, 10:59 AM

Most times you may have to have insurance in place for a while before you are allowed certain procedures. It varies from plan to plan.

For right now, check with a local dental school or health dept. You may be able to get the tooth pulled at no cost or they may work on a sliding fee scale. Call around and see what's available in your area.
    brownishy Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2009, 08:47 AM

Have it pulled right away. Don't wait for it to become painful before you have it done. You will regret it. Nikosmom is right you can go to a dental school or you can got to your local government clinic that offers free extractions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tooth ache in rootcanal tooth? [ 8 Answers ]

In the last 2 days I have this dull pain in my tooth (really high up, in the gums). It only hurts when I walk or bend down. It is not painful when I drink or eat. I had a root canal on this tooth in 2005 and it has a permanent crown on it. I did have a cold a few weeks ago and was wondering if it...

Crown or have tooth pulled? [ 15 Answers ]

I am 55 years old and have a bottom back molar that has a large filling. The tooth has recently cracked and is very sensitive to cold. My dentist suggests a crown, but I have had several crowns and hate to go through the process again and hate to go to the expense. What is the disadvantage to...

Temporary False tooth filler [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had two upper molars that were badly decayed removed (due to the fact that I could not afford the enormous cost of root canal and crown). Now I don't know if its just due to the swelling, but I am talking a little odd. Being a teacher this is a bit of a concern. I know that I need some...

Broken Tooth! Ad.vice needed. THANK YOO! [ 5 Answers ]

Hey Everyone. I'll just tell you the basics then you can answer my questions at the bottom. Round about October last year (2006), I fell and broke half of one of my front teeth, and a tiny bit on the other front tooth (I looked like a hillybilly) Anyway, I went to the dentist, and he thought...

False tooth. [ 1 Answers ]

My husband's "fang" tooth cracked last night and fell out. All that is left is part of his tooth left in the gum,he went to the dentist today and they said they could give the little bit of tooth he has left a root canal and pull back the gum and I guess build on that and make a crown. Well it is...

View more questions Search