Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skeene10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2009, 10:07 AM
    Unprotected sex and Plan B pill, pull out method during ovulation
    My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on 06/09/2009. My last period was 05/28/2009. I took the Plan B pill 4 hours later and we used the pull out method. I know he didn't come inside of me, but I also know precome may cause pregnancy. I looked up my ovulation later, and according to most calculators, I was either fertile or ovulating at this time. What are my chances of becoming pregnant?

Thank you for your time.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 10, 2009, 10:18 AM

50-50. You either did or you didn't.

If you're asking what the percentages of your "birth control" working are---well, not as good as you'd probably like them to be.

Get your butt on birth control and make your boyfriend wear a condom if you don't want to be pregnant.
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Jun 15, 2009, 08:53 AM

My second child was conceived by the pull out method. I had been using ovulation kits and looked up all those ovulation calculators and they all said I had already ovulated and the ovulation kit said I had ovulated that cycle already. We figured we were in the safe zone. Wrong, I now have a four month old boy. Get on something, Planned Parenthood offers birthcontrol for women on a low budget if you don't have insurance or think you can't afford it.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2009, 10:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by skeene10 View Post
    My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on 06/09/2009. My last period was 05/28/2009. I took the Plan B pill 4 hours later and we used the pull out method. I know he didn't come inside of me, but I also know precome may cause pregnancy. I looked up my ovulation later, and according to most calculators, I was either fertile or ovulating at this time. What are my chances of becoming pregnant?

Thank you for your time.
    The plan B will certainly help, but like any other form of birth control, it too is not 100% effective. Pull out method works for some, but not for others. Odds are you won't become pregnant simply due to the use of plan b, he did not ejaculate inside you, and even when trying to get pregnant there is only about a 20-25% chance of it happening in any given cycle. Could it happen?. sure. You'll have to wait until your next period is due and see what happens at that time. As the others have said, if you want to lessen the odds in the future, plan to use something on a regular basis... important to note that plan b is not for regular birth control.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2009, 06:29 PM

Pull out method is basically no method at all it does not work so don't deceive yourself. Use a condom or start taking birth control, or you'll find yourself asking the same question every month " am i pregnant or not".
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 16, 2009, 07:47 PM

I don't know why they call pulling out a "method" it is not, sperm still is there, just less.
    After that even with birth control pills and condoms there is a small chance of getting pregnant.

So there is still a chance using plan B.

If you are going to be sexually active, get on birth control, use condoms
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2009, 07:55 PM

I don't understand how in the world a female could be confident that a guy would pull out.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 16, 2009, 08:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu View Post
    I don't understand how in the world a female could be confident that a guy would pull out.
    The same way a guy could be confident that she's right when she tells him it's a "safe" time and she's not ovulating.

Or believes her when she says she's on birth control pills, even if he's never seen her take the pills.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

When is it safe to have unprotected sex after starting the pill? [ 5 Answers ]

I first started taking alesse 28 about 3 years ago, I was on it for about 2 and a half years and it worked fine, I had unprotected sex but never became pregnant. However, I forget how long I waited after I first started taking the pill before I had unprotected sex. I started taking the pill again...

On the pill and taking antibiotics, had unprotected sex am I pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Im taking the pill but had to start taking antibiotics so came off the pill while I was taking them, I had my bleed cause I hadn't taken my pills for a few days and then after I had finished my bleed (yesterday) me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex so I took a pill and then I took my pill again...

I missed a pill and had unprotected sex twice that day could I be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Im 20 and think I may be pregnant I don't know if you can miss one pill and its OK ? Has anyone got advise please share Thanks!

Unprotected sex during ovulation but no ejaculation. Took emergency pills. Pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex last 30 Oct 2008 at 11 pm until 1am of 31 October 2008. He did not ejaculate inside me since I finished him off by hands long before his ejaculation. I took 4 tablets of Nordette when I got home around 2 am (31 October 2008) then took the next 4 tablets almost 12 hours after...

On pill for a month l unprotected [ 3 Answers ]

I've been on a pill for at-least a month just started my other packet 3 days ago. I've had unprotected sex with my boyfriend after I finished my period and what the chances of me being pregnant even if he didn't ejaculate? I know the pre-ejaculate issue but, I heard stories like if I was on a...

View more questions Search