Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blackthought Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2009, 09:15 AM
    Is there a way for me to adjust or reduce the div tag
    I’m doing a website using Dreamweaver and I can’t seem to get the apdiv tag to view on top of another tag with a SWF file attached. When I go to publish the page, I click on the first div tag, and I see this transparent frame where the SWF file is located. Is there a way for me to adjust or reduce the div tag in order for the first div tag to show? Please help!
    wadeofalltrades Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Oct 16, 2009, 06:46 PM
    I've had a similar experience. 2 things come to mind to try. First, hopefully you know that the first div set will appear above the second div set. If the widths and height of both div sets were w:200 and h:200 and you were to style="positon:absolute or relative; top: -200px; left0px" then the second div set would be placed over the first. With that said here are a few tings to try to get any specific div set to show in front of another.

1. You could use CSS tricks with :hover. Starting a tag with a given position and then change the hover position which would move the div away to display the other div.

2. Using the hover idea again you could also use display: block and hidden on hover. Sometimes MAC platforms are the most stubborn with this, but if you are using a more current browser (which MOST people are these days it should work.

Another option, you could use javascripts hide and show. I used that very idea for a site I did for the Vermont adoption site. Support Groups

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Do You Adjust The Valves On An ATV? [ 1 Answers ]

How do you adjust the valves on an atv?

Ceramec adjust [ 3 Answers ]

Hello expert my regards & respect I d like to adjust the floor drain rect. Cover with the edge of one only tile but I can't move its underground drain pipe right or left how can I manage it

Getting my puppy to adjust [ 2 Answers ]

My 2 min pin puppies were almost 100% with there paper traing but Saturday I bought some new furniture an there crate had to be moved. I tried taking them to the new space ofter with treats as if it were their first day of crate trainig but the keep going back to the old corner to do their...

How to Adjust This entry [ 3 Answers ]

I have a computer simulation project for principles of accounting and I am stuck on this entry. The question posted is: A total of $985 worth of media advertising, paid for and correctly charged to the Advertising expense account, will be received/used in the first two weeks of July(third quarter)....

View more questions Search