Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emoela Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2009, 06:35 AM
    Health insurance-billing
    The NP asked me to pay 500 dollars out of pocket for my check up. But my health care provider told me that I'm totally covered and need not pay. When I asked for a copy of my billing statement , the billing assistant from the clinic cannot give me any and told me that she will be calling but never returned a call. Do I need to file a complain?:confused:
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jun 11, 2009, 09:47 AM

Its too soon to file a complaint. It sounds to me like they're confused... either they confused you with another patient or the clinic is simply inefficient.

Your best bet is to call your insurance company yourself and ask what is covered. Then you'll be prepared the next time you have to interact with this office.

You should see a 1-800 # on the back of your insurance card.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medical Insurance Billing [ 5 Answers ]

How can a nurse practitioner see patients and bill all claims under the physicians billing information. The NP has provider numbers. Is there anyway this is correct or is there any exception. Even many times he's playing golf and not supervising the NP. Please help Thank you in advance

Insurance and physician fee dispute-physician billing me the difference [ 1 Answers ]

My son had emergency surgery and his insurance paid the surgeon the physician provider fee because the surgeon (who is not a provider in our HMO) was on-call for a provider physician according to the Tax ID on the physician's claim to the HMO. The physician is billing my son $700, the difference...

Billing a patient if auto insurance did not pay the medical claim in full [ 2 Answers ]

Can a health care provider bill a patient for any balance after the motor vehicle insurance has not paid in full.

We have no health insurance [ 5 Answers ]

My husband has diabetes he is 59 yrs old unemployed as I am presently. Neither one of use have health insurance, I have high blood pressure and we are non-smokers. Is there any health insurance we can buy out there?

No Health Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

My friend is 25 and has cancer. She doesn't have any health insurance. Are there programs that can help get her medical attention.

View more questions Search