Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hockeychamp_ Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2009, 04:03 AM
    Jeweller fraud
    A local jeweller said he could make an exact engagement ring for less the cost as other's in day's after 2 month's the finished product was heavily flawed and appraisal falsified causing stress on my relationship and embarrassment for both of us what should or could I do ?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 10, 2009, 04:07 AM

Hockeychamp, are you saying this was a diamond engagement ring, falsely named as a diamond ? How did you find out it was a fake ? More info please.

Tick

Jun 10, 2009, 04:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    hockeychamp, are you saying this was a diamond engagement ring, falsely named as a diamond ? How did you find out it was a fake ? More info please.

tick
    I believe the diamond is real but was put in crooked and the band has many flaw's one bieng that it was suppose to be white gold but was not even plated white gold the way it should be giving it a yellowy white gold look to it also the ring itself is thicker on one side
    Expert

Jun 10, 2009, 04:14 AM

So the guy made a mess of the setting. He has to make it right at no cost; as long as you believe the diamond to be authentic as you say.

What do you mean the appraisal was falsified ?

Jun 10, 2009, 04:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    So the guy made a mess of the setting. He has to make it right at no cost; as long as you believe the diamond to be authentic as you say.

What do you mean the appraisal was falsified ?
    Well I was given an apraisal with the ring it said apraised at 6k or more and I'm just guessing but the diamond wasn't 1 full carot and if the ring it self wasn't plated properlly that 6000 figuire sound like bs to me I'm frustrated can't even sleep I'm so angry but un sure what to do I'm suppose to bring it in but they took 8 weeks to give me anything after saying it would just days to finish
    Expert

Jun 10, 2009, 04:43 AM

If you ordered the diamond to be set in white gold, gold is gold, yellow or white, nothing is plated. If they gave you a setting that is just plated metal then it isn't worth anything, just the diamond is.

The diamond doesn't have to be one full carat to be worth that much. If it is a high grade diamond it could be worth $6000. If you have another jeweller appraise just the diamond for you, then you will know for sure.

White gold is not a special form of gold. White gold is true carat gold, just like yellow carat gold jewellery.The white colour is achieved by a careful choice of the alloying metals which bleach the deep yellow of pure gold.

So, you are basically correct and the appraisal must only be for the diamond alone. The setting, if it isn't gold, is worthless.

It has to go back and you have to have a guarantee the setting will be corrected. And most importantly, settle down or you won't accomplish anything.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Tick
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2009, 07:49 AM

Get an independent appraisal and then come back and give the results.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insurance Fraud/Advance commission fraud [ 10 Answers ]

I'm sure this post with be confusing to some of you but any advice would be greatly appreciated. I was hired back in October of 2005 as an independent contractor selling life insurance policies. One of my clients that I sold a policy to mentioned that she had a few family members that were...

Is it fraud? [ 16 Answers ]

There are three people that came from cuba on a political asylum and received not only a resident card but they are also on welfare. (they are milking the system to the fullest.) My question is they just when back to cuba on vacation... and bragged about $100.00 pair pants and expensive shirts for...

Atm fraud [ 15 Answers ]

Can anyone give me any advise on how to find out what atm some one used my bank card o... I called the bank but they only gave me a street... SINCE EVERY ATM HAS A CAMERA I WANT TO SEE WHO USED IT... just in case its an emplyoee where I lost the card

Can this be Fraud [ 7 Answers ]

I have been seeing an orthopedic for around 2 years for my lower back and recently had a work related injury to my neck. I was treated for soft tissue but had an MRI done. The MRI showed some degenerative changes and a bulging disk but no new injuries from my accident. So the work comp doc said...

View more questions Search