Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladyhayley21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2009, 02:37 AM
    Bleached Hair To Darker Blonde?
    Hey there, I have recently bleached my hair platinmum blonde. It is fabulous but does make me look quite pale in my face. Therefore I need to take my hair down a couple of shades. I have been looking at clairol perefect 10, a neutral medium shade which after some research seems to be the right thing to do. However I would appreciate any advice that you may have in case I have missed something out! Id rather not end up with a green or something horrible as that! :p

Thanks

Hayley xXx
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2009, 04:05 AM

I would never use Clairol Perfect 10 on bleached hair. The peroxide concentration in that product is too strong. You'll just end up damaging your hair. You should use is a demi-permanent like Clairol Natural Instincts, L'Oreal Castings Color Spa, or Shades EQ. You want to baby bleached hair, not beat on it.

Be careful of "ash" shades. Darkening with ash often leads to the greenish cast that people hate. On the other hand, beware of "golden" shades also.
    deemiller22 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2009, 11:58 AM

[i would agree with the last post. But if I were you I would pop into a solon and get a semi permanent to soften the colour.
    Another thing you can do if its more to do with the tone of your hair is to get a colour conditioner that way if it goes to warm or too ash you can shampoo it away.
    But be careful doing your own colour as it can go wrong very easyily
    deemiller22 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2009, 11:59 AM
    [i would agree with the last post. But if I were you I would pop into a solon and get a semi permanent to soften the colour.
    Another thing you can do if its more to do with the tone of your hair is to get a colour conditioner that way if it goes to warm or too ash you can shampoo it away.
    But be careful doing your own colour as it can go wrong very easily
    angie112 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2009, 09:00 AM
    How to get red tint out of coloring hair blond
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2009, 09:25 AM

Please don't post on top of someone else's thread. Start your own thread or no one will see it.

It wasn't bleached enough. If you used a single-process haircoloring, you need to switch to double-process (bleaching and toning).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you blend dark blonde roots with bleached blonde hair? [ 4 Answers ]

My hair is naturally medium/dark blonde. I've recently gone gwen-stefani platinum blonde and had toner put in to bring the color down to a more natural color. My roots have grown out for about 5 months now and so are really really noticeable. I Don't want to touch up my roots to match the bottom...

How to dye my hair red from bleached blonde? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anyone that can help me with some tips to dye my hair back to red. At this stage it is bleached with peroxcide . I don't want to end up with orange hair. Please help!! :confused:

From Bleached Blonde To Black Hair [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... I have all nap'trual hair, I bleached it about a couple weeks ago (Plantinum Blonde) But I want to dye it (or rinse ) it BLACK. My question is will that harm my hair or Not? I want braids so it can grow more, but if I get it braided while its blonde the roots Grow out to fast. HELP a...

Trying to dy blonde hair to a darker color [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, I am sick of being blonde so I am going to dye my hair dark. My brows are dark my hair is blonde is it okay to dye my hair the color of my eye brows? I am going for an emo look any advice

Darkening bleached blonde hair [ 3 Answers ]

I let my friend dye my hair bleach blonde - and it has gone very bright blonde - some bits nearly white. I'm desperate to get it back to my previous colour, definitely without growing it out and if possible not spending a load of money at the hairdressers. Is it a bad idea to buy another dye that...

View more questions Search