Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Transman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2009, 07:48 PM
    Above ground pool liner with wrinkles
    Can anyone tell us how to get wrinkles out of an overlap above ground pool when you are putting in a new liner? Thank you
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 10, 2009, 08:33 AM

I can problably help but don't understand your terminology. When I install liners I get about 8 friends to help. We each hold and edge and suspend the liner above the pool, then add 3-4 gallons of wtaer to help us see where the center of the liner will fall. We move ourselves around until the low spot of the liner, center is centered on the sand bootom in the center of the pool. We keep the liner very tight and start adding more water. The liner is then stretched and pulled into the pool leaving no wrinkles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Above ground pool liner [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, We recently had a "professional" install our above ground pool liner. First, the pool itself after liner installation is bumpy and has peaks and valleys in it. He said that with the weight of the water this would "smooth out". Well, needless to say, that has not happened. Short of dumping...

Water behind a pool liner of an above ground pool [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, the liner in part of my pool is below the water level and thus water is now behind the liner. I cannot pick up the liner because it is so heavy with the weight of the water. 1. Is this hurting my pool 2. How much to replace a new liner and have it installed for a 16ft round pool ...

Pool Liner slipping and wrinkles [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, so we're ready to start cleaning the pool and get it opened soon. We took the cover off the other day and noticed the liner has separated from the wall some and there are wrinkles on the shallow end. The pool is about half full (18x36, 25k gallons... when full.) Any ideas on how we're to...

Wrinkles in above ground pool liner and bubble near top [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a house with an above-ground pool in April. I have several neighborhood kids that have used the pool before I purchased it. Yesterday, one of them mentioned to me that he saw the liner was wrinkling where it had not been wrinkled last year. I remember seeing these wrinkles when the...

Install New Pool Liner-Above Ground Pool [ 1 Answers ]

We are going to install a new liner in an above ground pool this weekend. I have read conflicting information as to when the skimmer and jet holes should be cut. Do you fill the pool with water within a foot of the skimmer, attach the trim kit and then cut out the liner? I don't know what to do,...

View more questions Search