Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toma1045 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jun 9, 2009, 08:57 AM
    How to appraise a stamp collection?
    I just inherited a rather large stamp collection that I know absolutely nothing about, what would be the best way to have it appraised? :confused:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2009, 10:56 PM

Hi, toma1045!

Are the stamps individual, on blocks of some kind or a combination of both? What sort of stamps do you have and how old are they?

Thanks!
    toma1045 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jun 10, 2009, 05:12 AM

Hi, I haven't even started to check out the different stamp books yet. I have 4 or 5 large books either partially full, or mostly full, also, a few proof folders, and many stamps in separate envelopes. Ill check out a few of them and get back to you later, it's really not on the top of my list of things to do, but I will tell you that the collection is maybe 40 or 50 plus years old, and there are hundreds of stamps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the value of this stamp? [ 1 Answers ]

Arago: 1-cent Franklin I have the same Benjamin Franklin Overprinted Philippines 1 cent green stamp. I have it,But never know the value,so I hope some one knows:)

Stamp Act [ 2 Answers ]

Analyze the significance of the Stamp Act in an essay form.

What is the value of this Stamp? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a United States postage stamp not cancelled dated 1635-1935 that is for 3 cents and is from Connecticut says on left side and on right side Tercentenary and at the bottom United States Postage and has a Tree in the middle and says The Charter Oak-stamp is glued on an envelope and all in...

Tramp stamp? [ 5 Answers ]

So I have been thinking about getting a tattoo on my lower back, right above the bikini line. But I told one of my guy friends that and he went "your getting a tramp stamp? are you trying to say something?" do people really think you're easy or something if you get a tattoo there? Because I really...

View more questions Search