Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cameraexpert Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2009, 08:41 AM
    Navajo piece signed L Begay
    Hi,
    I have a 14k Navajo pendant/necklace, signed L. Begay. I know that there are many artists with this surname, but can anyone identify this one?
    Thanks, Don
    cameraexpert Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2009, 04:29 PM
    Hi,

I also have a 14k neckace signed L BEGAY. I can tell you for sure that it is not Leroy Begay. I sent a photo of my necklace to him and he wrote back and said it wasn't his work. Mine is very well done, with what the seller described as Kingman turquoise. I purchased it on eBay from Silvertribe. It looks more like Royston green. It is a rectangular pendant, suspended on necklace of matching green rondelles, with four gold rodelles, spaced on either side. I hope this helps.

Don
    normangeorge Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2009, 11:31 AM

Per Hallmarks Of The Southwest by Barton Wright if it is L. Begay in 1/16" Gothic print his first name has not been id'd but he was a smith for Richardson Trading Co. and the mark was first used in 1975.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Navajo ring [ 3 Answers ]

I have a very large Navajo ring, with the initials JHJ and Sterling, both in the band and on the back of the ring. It is very ornate with feathers and flowers and beads with a large blue Turquoise with black veins. Do you have any idea who JHJ is?? Thanks for any help you can give me. Pat :)

Navajo Jewelry [ 3 Answers ]

Any information concering either Helen or Donna Chee, Navajo silversmiths producing pieces in the late 1960's- 1970's Thxs AzPete

Navajo Silversmith [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have a wonderful bolo tie made about 1960 to 1970's. It is signed with initials L J I would like to know identy of maker. Thanks if you can help. B.A.

View more questions Search