Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    r4romany Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2006, 01:08 PM
    Pc not booting past Splash Screen
    Hi,
    My PC isn't booting into the windows XP Splash screen. It reaches just about that stage and reboots.
    I updated the BIOS. Switched the RAM. Used other (known working) drives. Took out the sound card and all the others cards.
    Still nothing

Regards
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 9, 2006, 02:00 PM
    Have you made any changes to the system recently ?

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode and disabling the reboot on error setting.
    Right click My Computer > Properties > Advanced Tab > Start up and recovery options > Uncheck Automatically restart option.

Once you can get back into Windows the first thing to do is ensure that ALL of your drivers and patches are FULLY updated.

Oct 10, 2006, 07:06 AM
    Hey, tanx for your response. I've tried this same thing happens. I tried booting in safe mood, last known good, or booting normally, same things happens. System tried to boot, reaches that point for the XP splash screen, then reboots.. happens every time
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 10, 2006, 07:13 AM
    A repair install maybe a better course of action.
    Here's the official Micro$oft way of doing a repair install,
    And Here's one with screen shots.

Oct 10, 2006, 10:10 AM
    Its not a softare problem. Swap drives and the same thing is happenign with a kown working drive. Boiled down to the Memory cards, Mother board or the CPU.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2006, 06:45 AM
    I was going to say "corrupted hard drive" as this happened to my girlfriend's father just last week. But as you have tried another drive, there's that theory out the window :)

I'd take it to a repair shop if you have got it down to just those three. They should have spare parts so that they can try a little trial and error to get the right bit. You don't want to spend a load of money on a new CPU to find out it was really the motherboard and vice versa.
    laxplaya495 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2006, 01:19 PM
    My friend had this problem a while ago. You can try booting into safe mode, but if not the only way to fix this is reformatting/reinstalling Windows.
    adec234 Posts: 79, Reputation: 2

Dec 4, 2007, 05:15 AM
    Try to format and reinstall the window

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to make water splash... [ 2 Answers ]

Im using photoshop and corel photopaint, and until now I'm still looking a way how to make those photos that I've seen in the magazine, it's a water splash looks like a drop of water in a water surface that makes circle wave from center to spreadly fading... amazing isn't it :D Anyone can help me..

Having a problem moving my address bar from bottom of screen to top of screen [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I can't seem to bring up an address bar at the top of the screen because when I right click at the top of the page, the options are not lit up. I could only bring up an address bar at the bottom. Since it gets in the way at the bottom, I would like to know if anyone can help me...

IBM 390X CD-ROM Booting Problem [ 6 Answers ]

I just got an IBM 390X at a computer show. I have no docs and Windows is not my really my specialty. Neither are laptops. So, here's my problem. I replaced the hard drive because I needed more disk, and now I need to reinstall Windows. I can't seem to boot from the DVD drive to start the...

Pop ups after booting-up [ 2 Answers ]

I have 3 boxes that appear when I bootup. The one that troubles me most is :- error loading c:\programfiles\wild tangent\apps\CDA\cda engine 0400.dll My PC is running okay. How can I stop these boxes appearing?

View more questions Search