Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amit4sun Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2009, 04:05 AM
    Do applicant for EAD on L2 need to stay in US after applying for EAD ?
    Hi
    I am relocated to USA , my wife is still in India she has her valid L2 visa and now she want's to apply for EAD on L2. My doubt is :-

1) Does she need to reside in US till the time she receive her EAD approval .
    2) Can she leave US after applying for EAD.
    3) How does her I-94 play a role on her first arrival in US.

Amit.
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Jun 9, 2009, 03:07 PM

She needs to have an I-94 annotated as L-2 for her to apply for the EAD. She does not need to be in the US after she applies, but she will need to make it to the biometrics appt.

Jun 9, 2009, 04:53 PM
    Hi DCcityboy
    Thanks a lot for your reply . As you have mentioned in your reply that my wife will have to appear for the biometrics so can you tell us how much time approx it takes from the day of applying to the day of appearing for the biometrics?

Regards
    Amit

Jun 9, 2009, 05:22 PM

Usually 30-45 days from receipt of filing. After she gets the EAD, she can apply for her SSN, good luck!

Jun 30, 2009, 02:41 PM
    Hi
    What is the validity of her EAD , will that gets expired if she go out of US?

Jun 30, 2009, 06:29 PM

It has a validity period that is unrelated to her physical presence in the US.

Jul 1, 2009, 06:20 AM
    Thanks a lot, I really appreciate . Is there any organisation or something who can guide me about my doubts related to this matter in US?

Jul 1, 2009, 11:48 AM

Her EAD is not an immigration status, so it does not expire when she leaves the US.

If you have other questions or concerns, best to consult with an experienced immigration attorney. I would not advise calling the USCIS information line as they are sometimes wrong.
    selmajoseph Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2010, 11:51 AM
    Hello Amit,
    I am in similar situation.. Can you please pass me yr contact # to discuss the same?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Limit to stay outside of UK if applying for settlement [ 1 Answers ]

For how long I can stay outside UK if having 2-years settlement visa and after how long I can apply for British Nationality after having Indefinite Leave to Stay in UK

Occupant versus Applicant [ 1 Answers ]

Hello - I'm living in Texas and leased a condo a couple of months ago. I would now like to add my fiancée as an occupant. The leasing office ran her credit and discovered she still owes a small amount of money to a previous landlord. We can rectify this by simply paying it, but I have a few...

F2 Applicant Sevis Id [ 1 Answers ]

I will soon be applying F2 visa for my wife. I am on F1. My question is Will her I-20 have the same Sevis Id number as my I-20 ?

Applying for dependent visa during my stay in Great Britain. [ 1 Answers ]

Respected sir/madam, It is most respectfully stated that, I have a general querry regarding about applying for dependent visa while staying in u.k, Sir/madam, I just recently got married in u.k and my wife is also got the student visa from her back home country and she is curruntly studying in...

Applying for a short stay romania (h1b visa expiring 9/08) planning to leave US 8/08- [ 1 Answers ]

Can somebody help me? I am planning to visit romania on August 2008. My fiance's parents are inviting me to romania for me and my fiancé to get married over there. I am curretly holding an h1b status ( I don't have a stamped visa since I've changed my status here in the usa from G-5 to H1b ),...

View more questions Search