Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmarsha Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Jun 8, 2009, 08:30 PM
    Woven Fiber In Hair
    What insect could weave fibrous debris in hair?
    mmarsha
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 9, 2009, 02:04 AM
    Most moth and butterfly species weave cocoons/chrysali, many beetle and flea larvae use fibrous material woven together for shelters, a great many spiders use webbing in various ways.

Can you describe it a little more specifically?

Jun 9, 2009, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    Most moth and butterfly species weave cocoons/chrysali, many beetle and flea larvae use fibrous material woven together for shelters, a great many spiders use webbing in various ways.

Can you describe it a little more specifically?
    Hello catsmine,
    I got the results of the samples that I sent to Nashville via the farm co-op. The entomologist said that it was not bug that it was white fibrous debris woven in my hair? I hope to God, I am not dealing with morellgens. Every since I done that mayo I have been seeing and feeling these little black mites. I am going to start researching morellgens??
    mmarsha
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 9, 2009, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mmarsha View Post
    Hello catsmine,
    I got the results of the samples that I sent to Nashville via the farm co-op. The entomologist said that it was not bug that it was white fibrous debris woven in my hair? I hope to God, I am not dealing with morellgens. Every since I done that mayo I have been seeing and feeling these little black mites. I am going to start researching morellgens???
    mmarsha
    Did the mayo treatment help? I was concerned that you might suffocate yourself as well as the mites.

Can you perhaps catch the little black mites with a piece of invisible tape? If you attach them to a white note card the nearest high school should have a 30x microscope so you can actually see what they are. Maybe the science teacher can assign an honor student to help you, and get some pictures.

Jun 9, 2009, 05:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    Did the mayo treatment help? I was concerned that you might suffocate yourself as well as the mites.

Can you perhaps catch the little black mites with a piece of invisible tape? If you attach them to a white note card the nearest high school should have a 30x microscope so you can actually see what they are. Maybe the science teacher can assign an honor student to help you, and get some pictures.
    Catsmine,
    I thought the mayo worked great because a lot came out, but there were a lot, "I realized that night" that didn't, Because they kept coming all night biting the wholly crap out of me. I put mayo on again and it did no good second time. I am combing out more of that fiber looking stuff?? I know I sound like a crazy person. Sometimes I think it would be easier if I were:(Anyway thanks for listening and trying to help I will check into your suggestion's.
    mmarsha
    insanitisation Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Aug 1, 2009, 05:12 AM

I find the fibers in my hair and my chilrens too, yet my hair will actually move or feel like something is crawling through it, no flea's or lice were ever found and as I had never had either of these before, I wasn't even sure what to look for but nit combs only showed fibers. The more topic's I read in here, the more Im certain it is all related yet I question my sanity even more lol medically there is nothing wrong with my mind but I worry that I am now becoming paranoid where I have had to look for answers myself, as you all have too. Lets hope even if it is many things that seem to fit our symptoms through coincidence" that we can find some answers very soon, before we all end up losing our minds through stress
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 1, 2009, 06:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by insanitisation View Post
    the more topic's I read in here, the more Im certain it is all related
    Don't be very certain about that. I am convinced that there are several different things going on with our various questioners. The symptoms are similar but not the same and often result in people wasting time, effort, and anxiety looking for parasites when they have a fungus or allergies when they have mites.
    insanitisation Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Aug 1, 2009, 07:55 AM

I agree but the mites, fungus, bites, crawling sensations and mould spores all seem to be apparent together as one suspect leads to another when no evidence of mites/fleas/bugs (other than dead one's) seem to be found yet the fibers I find are the same as you find in every day dust except in larger quantities and these one's move as if alive and change colour and grow. There has to be some connection which is why I say make sure one suspect is irradicated before researching the next but if you find your "personal" cause in any of the suspects then the research of everyone has paid off but obviosly not everyone will have the same problem but they do seem to link as everybodies research is leading to the same idea's yet no apparent culpret. Im baffled myself and wish I could answer my own questions but research and sharing possible causes will hopefully find the answers to each problem

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fiber concrete [ 14 Answers ]

Is it true that with fiber concrete you do not have to put in any rebar or wire when you pour a garage floor?

Fab Fiber! [ 2 Answers ]

Are fiber supplements just as good as getting the recommend amount through food sources? I eat a lot of fruits and veggies but I'm not getting enough fiber in my diet so I have be contemplating on whether I should try supplements; are they okay to use?

View more questions Search