Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 14, 2009, 04:32 AM
    Hi all:

In my area, the answer is every 10 feet (at every hub and every change of direction).. so answer is B

For 5 foot hub & spigot pipe it's every 5 feet (every hub)... ;)

MARK
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 14, 2009, 04:51 AM
    #18. Hub and spigot cast iron piping in 10 foot lengths, installed horizontally, shall be supported at intervals of not more than___10___ feet.
    SPC, Chapter 10, Section 103.2 HORIZONTAL CAST IRON SOIL PIPE,
    Cast iron soil pipe shall be supported at not more then five foot intervals on five foot lengths and ten foot intervals on ten foot lengths. Hangers shall be located as near hubs as possible.
    csavage1 Posts: 86, Reputation: 5

Jul 14, 2009, 03:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by csavage1 View Post
    The answer is A. Not more than 5 ft

Section 308 2007 NYS Plumbing Code< Table 308.5 Hanger spacing

I missed the little (a ) added at the top of the number 5 on the table ,DAMMIIITTT!!

a] The maximum horizontal spacing of cast iron pipe hangers shall be increased to 10 feet where 10 feet lenghts of pipe are installed.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 14, 2009, 03:46 PM

Yep, 18 is B.

#19 A drain connection the compartments of a set of fixtures to its trap is called a (an)______.

A. continuous waste
    B. combination waste and vent
    C. indirect waste
    D. special waste
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 14, 2009, 04:17 PM
    #19 A drain connection the compartments of a set of fixtures to its trap is called a (an)_A. Continuous waste_____.
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 12, 2010, 02:29 PM

Update.

After procrastinating taking the master plumber exam for almost a year, I finally had time to bite the bullet. So I drove three hours to the testing area, got a hotel, and studied one last time. Long story short,, I am now officially a licensed master plumber.

Goodbye journeyman, hello master.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 12, 2010, 02:49 PM

Congratulations!! And now, back to work !:D:D:D
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 12, 2010, 08:36 PM

Thanks Milo. And yep, after all, its just a title of achievement, but I will still have to crawl up in the attic full of thirty year old pink unfaced insulation on Monday. In the back of my mind ill be thinking, well at least I'm an itchy master instead of an itchy journey.lol.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 12, 2010, 08:53 PM
    Hi Lee...

Cigars are on me... :) Everyone grab one... special occasion the way I see it!

Without too much fanfare... seriously, congratulations on your achievement!

Regards...

Mark
    Attached Images

Eternal Plumber

Feb 13, 2010, 11:05 AM

Congrats Lee! Way ta go! Party time! Save me a invite. Tom
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 13, 2010, 03:27 PM

Thanks for the congrats guys, I truly appreciate it.
    Widdershins Posts: 87, Reputation: 5

Feb 13, 2010, 07:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mygirlsdad77 View Post
    update.

After procrastinating taking the master plumber exam for almost a year, i finally had time to bite the bullet. So i drove three hours to the testing area, got a hotel, and studied one last time. Long story short,,,I am now officially a licensed master plumber.

Goodbye journeyman, hello master.
    As one who can appreciate the distinction between a Master and a Journeyman under the UPC (the strictest Plumbing Code in the Lower 48), I offer my congratulations as well.

BTW, I'd start studying up on the International Plumbing Code in your spare time; Two more revisions, three tops, before the UPC is abandoned altogether.
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 14, 2010, 12:28 PM

Thanks for the heads up Widdershins.

I look forward to the day that all of the united states, if not the whole world fall under one stardard plumbing code(of course with certain local variences). Although I don't see that happening any time soon, I sure would like to see steps taken towards it in my lifetime.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interest vs. Ordinary Interest [ 1 Answers ]

How would the formula for calculating time in days (given principal, interest, and rate) change if exact interest is used in contrast to ordinary interest?

How does a financial manager choose between stated interest and an effective interest [ 2 Answers ]

When a borrower is often confronted as a stated interest and an effective interest rate what is the difference and which one should the financial manager recognize as the true cost of borrowing? The effective interest rate is always calculated as if compounded annually. The effective rate is...

Pay it Down -- if the interest on the debt is LOWER than the interest on Savings [ 3 Answers ]

I have student loans in the amount of $20000. Through consolidation and never missing a payment I have the interest loan at 2.50% (simple interest). Montly payment is approx $100. I am getting an APY no a Savings account at 4.75%. I have savings around $5K and growing. I need cash for other...

View more questions Search