Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miriwonders Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2009, 03:16 PM
    Bf's exgf had Bf Email account password legal action?
    I am in the state of California and my boyfriend is in the state of Louisiana since he is an off shore diver. His ex girlfriend lives in Arizona. He says he was unaware that she was able to access his gmail account along with his myspace account and Facebook account. He said he changed his password many times before and tried to do it yet again when she decided to let us know she was reading all the emails all the chats and looked at all the pics I sent him which were very private. I am sure she is so crazy she will post them on the internet or send them out to other people she sent an email that said hurtfull and very strong accusations about me and my boyfriend. She also emailed another girl that my boyfriend dated before me and coped and pasted a chat me and my boyfriend had. So, is there any type of legal action we can take ragarding this? Is there anyway to stop her from how ever she is doing to get these passwords, my boyfriend said she works as an online banker she is around 20 21 years old. Also when she emailed me she used a different email it was under another name so how is she able to get his passwords so fast? What can we do?
    susangpyp Posts: 258, Reputation: 73

Jun 8, 2009, 03:46 PM

I truly doubt that she's getting them every time he changes them. She would have to be hacking his account. I have a feeling there is more here than you're saying or less. I doubt she can guess the password every time he changes it. He should change the accounts period.

He should shut down all his accounts and change the passwords to the new accounts to something ridiculously hard.

Right now you can't really prove she's done anything. If she posts the pictures or emails on the internet then you have a claim but not until.

Are you sure he's not allowing her the access to make her jealous? Something about this whole story is a bit unbelievable.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 8, 2009, 03:56 PM

The question is how she is obtaining his passwords. The likelihood is she installed a keylogger on his system. So he needs to do a spyware scan to try and find it.

If she is caught using a keylogger then she could be prosecuted under federal law.
    miriwonders Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2009, 04:21 PM
    A key logger? Okay ill let my bf's dad know, he found out about this because in my desperation to find help I called his mom who also lives in Arizona, and yes I say he is my boyfriend only to not complicate more the situation but I am not to happy with him, I don't feel I trust him and right now our relationship is in limbo he says he had not heard from her in 3 months but the whole password access so fast gets me thinking, also he bought a new laptop not too long a go maybe 2-3 months ago? Yea around there. Worst case senario is that he is allowing a lot of access to her there were together for 2 years and lived together in her email she said quite a few things that made me question if I really knew him... well thank you I will talk to his dad (who said he was going to take care of her) and see what he thinks.
    TJ17 Posts: 76, Reputation: 13

Jun 8, 2009, 05:20 PM

After reading it, it sounds a bit suss to me that this girl is finding it so easy to get his passwords so easily.
    If this person is using a keylogger which I very much doubt, tell him to download these and clean out his whole system, because if it is a keylogger then what he has now is not doing a very good job.

Avast Home Edition Free - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

CCleaner - Home
    susangpyp Posts: 258, Reputation: 73

Jun 8, 2009, 05:25 PM

Yes a keylogger would be picked up by most security software.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 8, 2009, 06:26 PM

He needs to change the password to some really silly non related password

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal action [ 2 Answers ]

Husband asked for divorce, I had no problem. Then less than 1 week later,he tells me he is moving in 4 adults that I didn't know,and they would be here(the home) in 5 minutes. And they arrived with a semi moving truck(from arkansas) to say the least, My 12 yo daughter and I had to move, because he...

Legal Action [ 3 Answers ]

I have a tenant that, as of 2/1/09, is three months behind in rent. I spoke with him on 1/15/09, date late charge goes into effect. He informed me he would pay on 1/20/09. 1/15/09 was the last time I saw or spoke with him. The rental property is next door and I haven't seen anyone there since...

Is it too late for legal action? [ 14 Answers ]

We joined a travel club in July this year. It sounded like a great way to be able to save at the time. It was one of these "sign today as you will never be invited to join again" deals. I feel so stupid for having fallen for this. Since then, the company has "closed its membership" and is...

Is there any legal action I can take? [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter's biological father has never been a part of her life. Ya, he was around her for a few months here and there, only because we share common family members by marriage. No, we are not related. She was 2 yrs old when paternity test were done. A month after the paternity papers he got...

View more questions Search