Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rosskins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2009, 01:34 PM
    Utility bill debt
    Is a utility bill debt non valid after six years ?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2009, 01:41 PM

Do you still use the same utility company?

If you do you will have to pay. If not and you never use their service again you can take your chances. If you go to use their services again they most probably will want paid up as well as a security deposit.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 8, 2009, 01:49 PM

The debt remains valid but the company may no longer have a legal avenue to pursue depending on your state's statute of limitations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journalize Utility Bill [ 2 Answers ]

I do you journalize a bill received but will not be paid until next month?

Debt limitations by state of bill? [ 3 Answers ]

Is the limitation for delinquent debt law applied to the state in which the bill is or the state in which the consumer (person0 lives currently?

Statute of limitations on a utility debt [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Southern California and last year I received a bill from a debt collector representing Verizon (Telephone Company), the bill says that they are collecting a Debt of $150.00 from a phone line that I had back in 1994. I believe the actual company that I had the phone account with was GTE...

Utility Debt War [ 1 Answers ]

I resided in a place in Ontario about 8 years ago (1999). When I left, the Hydro bill was completely paid. A year and a half later, Hydro contacted me stating that they under-estimated my hydro-usage for approximately 3 years and expected me to pay the bill. I was dumb and naïve, so I started...

View more questions Search