Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moviesmybank Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2009, 11:27 AM
    Cloudy pool water
    I've tried everything to get my pool to clear. It is still a light greenish color. I've shocked it about 5 times and I checked the Ph and alkalinity and that to is fine. I do have sand coming into the pool and when I vacuum, I get a lot of sand out. Could this be the problem with the pool not clearing? I don't know what else to do. Thanks for any advise.

moviesmybank
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 8, 2009, 01:43 PM

What filter media are you using, sand? You may have a break in the screening that keeps the sand trapped in the filter drum.
    moviesmybank Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2009, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    What filter media are you using, sand? You may have a break in the screening that keeps the sand trapped in the filter drum.

Yes, I do have a sand filter. Where is the screening located? Also, do you know anything about what the lateral is for in your sand filter? I noticed a part was cracked last year, do you think I need to order a new one as well as the screening? I don't know how to take this thing apart. Is the screening in the top or bottom of the filter? Thanks for your help!!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 8, 2009, 08:58 PM

Go to your pool supply store where you buy you parts and supplies. Tell them what you have and what it is doing. They probably have a diagram of your filter. Cracked parts and a bad screen may indicate time to buy a new filter. I prefer DE, diatomaceous earth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pool is cloudy and algae [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, This is my first time. Recently my pool guy stopped showing up after receiving money so I'm on my own here. My questions is since he did not come for maybe close to 3 weeks I see some algae coming. I immedialty added around 6 pound of granular chlorine. 2 days later the some of it was...

Cloudy water in pool [ 1 Answers ]

We installed a above ground doughboy pool a few weeks ago. The last few days the water is starting to become cloudy. We use cholorine tablets and run the pump. What can we do to stop the water from turning cloudy. Thank you Lurenda Mitchell

Cloudy pool [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone PLEASE help me get my pool uncloudy! I have used clarifier, algieside, chlorine. And 6/1 &4/1 shock both and I can not get it cleared up. Confussed,

Cloudy pool water can't get it clear [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a easy set up pool with the inflatable top ring its 18ft round and 4ft deep and my water got really cloudy I brought a sample to the pool place he gave me some chemicals so I did what he said and it still was cloudy.I have all non chlorine chemicals in my pool.when I use a test strip in...

View more questions Search