Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ericstewart Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2006, 10:25 AM
    Range
    Hi, my gas range oven has quit working. My wife tried to use it and the igniter didn't try to start the pilot.
    Let me explain a bit clearer: I have an older gas stove the top burners work okay but the other day the oven would not light so I checked to see if the pilot was lit and it was not lit. when I tried to light it it would not light any ideas would be helpful.
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Oct 11, 2006, 06:26 PM
    Sounds like a clogged pilot tube or orfice.

I don't work work residential ovens that much, but if a pilot won't light in the wake of an open flame (such as a lighter) then its simply not getting gas. I would say that the pilot orfice is clogged.

If this is the case, replace the orfice with a factory OEM part prefferably, don't clean it. Its safer that way.

If in doubt, call a profesisonal gas can be dangerous.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

G.E. Gas range [ 1 Answers ]

I need help, from a gas range repair tech. I need to replace the insulation that goes around the oven,top, sides, and back. A critter got in it and it now stinks bad! My question, can I use regular fibreglass insulation, the kind used in home's? If I remove the paper, or do I need to use the...

Recessed Range Outlet... [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Group, & TK!:D I was wondering if I can install a Range outlet by just nailing the outlet between 2 nailers and if I truly need a box, and if I do, what size box should I use, because the standard junction, ceiling, and outlet boxes don't seem to fit on the outlet itself. Any help really...

Gap between cabinets and gas range [ 1 Answers ]

How do I go about filling in a gap between my gas range and a cabinet. The gap is 25 inches length but the space near the front of the gas range is 1/2 inch and it gets narrower as the gap approaches the wall (1/8 inch). I am afraid food would drop in there and there would be no way to clean it...

View more questions Search