Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    8r14n Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2009, 07:51 AM
    How to remove driveway sealer from cement walkway
    The previous owner of my house was sloppy and got a fair amount of driveway sealer on the cement walkways. It looks like he gave up and dried to cover them 100% in some areas. I'd really like to clean up the walkways by removing the sealer and resurfacing them or painting them with cement paint.

Can anyone help me figure out what to use to remove the driveway sealer?

Or, worst case scenario, anyone know a paint to use that will stick to the sealer?

Thanks
    Brian
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2009, 08:14 AM

Sand blaster?

There may be commercial solvents for this too - I would check at your local big box store for cement cleaning acids - although I doubt this is an eco-friendly solution.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 8, 2009, 08:22 AM

Try liquid paint remover on a spot and see if it doesn't soften it enough to power wash. I would not think sand blasting would not come with some draw backs like changing the concrete surface.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove dental cement from teeth [ 10 Answers ]

I've had braces for 3 yrs. My dentist went out of practice a yr ago and since my parents still owed him 1,000 he wouldn't transfer me to another dentist or take my braces off. Last night I got tired of it and took them off myself. They were messin my gums up bad. Is there any way I can take the...

New Cement Driveway Curmbling [ 2 Answers ]

Last August we had a cement driveway put in. We did not notice until the winter thaw That our cement driveway was crumbling and flaking off. The gentleman that laid the cement said, "you did not have it sealed". I did not know Cement had to be sealed against ice, snow and salt. They are the...

Driveway Sealer on our brick work [ 4 Answers ]

Someone who lived here before sealed the driveway and managed to get driveway sealer all over the brickwork. Does anyone know how I could try to remove it. Thanks :)

Cement Driveway Moldy? [ 7 Answers ]

What can I use to clean my cement driveway that appears to have a dark mold on it? It even becomes a little slippery when it rains. There was a very large oak tree on the side of the driveway that I had removed close to a year ago. I thought that maybe shade from the tree may have helped in...

View more questions Search