Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vi Nguyen Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Jun 7, 2009, 08:37 PM
    finding unit vectors parallel to another vector
    Hi again, was wondering how to solve this question:

let v vector be from A(2, 0, -1) to B(1, 2, -3) find 2 vectors parallel to v vector.

I found that v=B-A=(-1,2,-2) but don't know how to find "2" vectors parallel to this.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2009, 07:53 AM

You can just add any constant in front of the vector and multiply. The types of parallel line created hen you premultiply by a positive constant is called a like parallel vector, and a negative constant will give you an unlike parallel vector.

You can try this with a 2D vector, say, (1,1) multiplying by 2 will give (2, 2) and if you draw them on the same scale, they'll be parallel, but only not of the same length.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding coplanar vector of two other [ 1 Answers ]

The question is determine the value of x for which the vector c = xi + j + k is coplanar with the vectors a ( I +j -k) and B (2i - j + 3k). The anser is x = 4 and I think u need to use vector triple cross product to find it but I can't seem to manage it or find any examples of this style of...

Finding the magnitude of vectors [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: does anyone know how to find the magnitude of a vector because I can add and subtract them and all that stuff but I can not find the magnitude and the heading... so if someone could help me that would be nice!:confused:

View more questions Search