Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AMLEE91 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jun 7, 2009, 06:08 PM
    AC is not working when the thermostat is set on cool?
    I have a Hunter Thermostat model number 44260 that is programmable when I set it on cool the temperature goes up instead of going down I just replaced it with this new one a month ago the other one I replaced was a hunter thermostat also . The wires go like this G (green wire),RC gets the (jumper wire and a red wire),RH(jumper wire),Y(yellow wire),W(white wire), and B/y(gets nothing). I guess I hooked it up right since I brought this as a replacement for my old one I know their could be a possibility that the wire could be hooked up wrong!
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 7, 2009, 06:11 PM

Can you let us know what is happening at furnace and ac unit when turned to cool. Does furnace work for heat? If you can give us a little more info, we will try our best to help.

Jun 7, 2009, 07:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mygirlsdad77 View Post
    Can you let us know what is happening at furnace and ac unit when turned to cool. Does furnace work for heat? If you can give us a little more info, we will try our best to help.
    The heat works fine when you turn it to heat but when you turn it to cool the temp jumps up as soon as you switch it to cool.It seems like when the a/c is not on it is way cooler in the house, but when the temp outside goes up and you cut on the a/c on cool that's when the temp on the thermostat keeps going up and up.The vents feel like they are pushing out cool air nut within a few minutes you can feel heat comeing out!
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2009, 07:22 PM
    Do you have a heatpump or gas furnace? What wires was used on the old thermostat? A little more info and we can help.

Jun 8, 2009, 04:22 AM

I have a gas furnace,I set up the wire pattern on the new one just like the old one was setup.So like I said the wiring pattern could be different for the new thermostat even though it is made by the same company.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat set to heat but I'm getting cool air blowing [ 1 Answers ]

I have radient heating and a central air system. I currently have my heat set at 68 degrees and just this week the central a/c is blowing air off and on. The compressor is not running so what is going on? Any ideas? :confused:

Maple Chase thermostat with straight cool [ 8 Answers ]

I've got a maple chase thermostat 9620, that was working on a ac heat pump. Have replaced the heat pump with a gas furnace straight cool unit. Will the Maple chase 9620 work?

4 Wire thermostat won't cool [ 8 Answers ]

Our old thermostat display stopped working but the thermostat would still turn on it would just shut off right away. So I assumed it was just broken. I bought a new thermostat and now the fan and heat work but hot air comes out when it is on cool. The wires we have are: Green Yellow Blue...

A/C working but not coming on long enough or often enough to cool [ 2 Answers ]

Home built in 1977- Florida- just bought house 6 months. Ago. A/C unit is 5 yrs. Old. The thermostat is a new Honeywell programmable model. House also has the original dehumidistat. The air that blows out is cold, but it doesn't stay on long enough or come on often enough to cool to the...

Heat Pump Thermostat Set to Cool, Blows Hot Air [ 6 Answers ]

Having a problem with my heat pump system. The thermostat is set to cool but the unit is blowing hot air. If it has been turned off for awhile and we turn it back on to cool (fan set to auto), it will blow at what seems to be room temperature for awhile (5-20 minutes) and then turns to hot air...

View more questions Search