Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khadijah13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2009, 05:08 PM
    Gifted children
    I am a gifted child. Is there any way I can sign up in a program for gifted children?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2009, 05:15 PM

Ask your school if they have a program for gifted kids. Also check with your county's board of education to see if they have magnet schools or anything.

Montesorri is suppose to be a great school for gifted kids
    The Montessori Foundation

If you want to you can also ask about testing out of classes so you don't have to do a class that you are advanced in.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 7, 2009, 05:25 PM

Well first what level are you, grade school, high school or what?

Next this is your parents responsibility, what do they want.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 7, 2009, 05:29 PM

Test with Mensa and become a member. You will then be connected with other gifted young people in your area for social activities as well as for intellectual ones.

Don't ever, ever depend on someone else to enrich your life. As a gifted person, that is your duty to yourself. Challenge yourself in all sorts of ways--physically, mentally, emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually. Read books you wouldn't ordinarily read and really think about what they say. Talk to people you normally avoid and figure out how they add to your life. Make your own fun and challenges!
    claireinNC123 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jul 2, 2009, 06:05 PM

Yeah you can! Hi my names claire and I'm gifted too. I was in 5th grade last year and went to explorer k-8 in Florida last year. First you have to to get a gifted test which is a iq test and all that stuff. Then the school will have a conference with your parents and most likely you will get put in a program, good luck! (I have been in gifted since kindergarten, sixth now)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gifted Children Ruined By Political Correctness [ 9 Answers ]

I read a good article in Maclean's magazine about how political correctness is ruining the education and potential of gifted children. In the old days, gifted children were allowed to skip grades and were placed in advanced courses, but now because of politically correct nonsense, no one is allowed...

I think I'm gifted but I don't know [ 1 Answers ]

Ever since I was a little child I would either walk by any I go I could get a feeling or a vison of something that has happened in the area in the past. Sometimes I can past a place or walk some where and feel like I shoulld go another way... I don't kconfusednow if that makes it a gift or not...

Am I gifted [ 6 Answers ]

I think I'm gifted... am I?

Is he Gifted? [ 5 Answers ]

Since the age of 3 my son has spoke of Religion or anything to do with Religious aspects. One day he told my husband and I Jesus was standing right behind him. Then he went into this detailed discription of how Jesus was crucified. He descriped how he had a "nest" on his head. He physically...

View more questions Search