Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2009, 12:17 PM
    Calif Tenant move out notice time required on 6 mo. Lease
    In California, on a 6 month lease, what is the required notification time for a tenant to advise landlord he is moving out? The 6 months expired on June 1st - it is now June 7th and no rent or word from tenant. I emailed yesterday and called today - no return yet.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 7, 2009, 12:34 PM

What does the lease say? Does the lease require notice of renewal? Generally, termination of a lease requires a 30 day notice, not matter what the term of the lease. So when you didn't hear from them by April 30 that they were not renewing the lease, then the assumption would be they will continue to reside.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 7, 2009, 04:04 PM

Either a 30 day or a 60 day is the normal time listed in the lease.
    So what does the lease say, that is the time required

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Non-payment of rent notice required to terminate lease? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a rental in Fairfax, Virginia in which the renter has not paid this months rent. (And is late every month they have been there). I understand I need to mail a letter giving the renter a 5 day notice. Should I send it registered or certified?

How much notice is required to not renew our lease [ 1 Answers ]

I have what seems to be a dumb question. I entered a lease agreement with a property management company and although I expressed my desire for a long term lease he informed me in Florida they couldn't sign more than a one year lease but was positive we would be able to renew the lease when the term...

Rights of a 'non-tenant' - is 60days notice required? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am the head tenant renting a house from the landlord in Ontario. I currently rent out two bedrooms in the home to other university students, and we share the living space. They pay rent to me, and I pay all the bills. One roommate moved in 1.5 years ago and indicated she will stay...

Breaking a lease in NJ due to job required move [ 15 Answers ]

I started a lease in Hackensack, NJ in May 2006. My job then required me to move to MD in August 2006. The lease had no cancellation clause and I am required to continue paying rent until the apartment is re-rented (a re-rental fee was required) or until my lease runs out. Is there a provision...

View more questions Search